Home

moving tall slow wr to te?

This is a discussion on moving tall slow wr to te? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 06:47 PM   #1
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

OVR: 7
moving tall slow wr to te?

ive did this with a couple wrs but now i have one guy who only rates as a 66 overall TE but he seems unstoppable....not sure if i should house rule it out or not......i am in lowly c-usa though maybe the middle linebackers are just impossible slow there.....any thoughts..........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: moving tall slow wr to te?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccVols
ive did this with a couple wrs but now i have one guy who only rates as a 66 overall TE but he seems unstoppable....not sure if i should house rule it out or not......i am in lowly c-usa though maybe the middle linebackers are just impossible slow there.....any thoughts..........
I actually have it as a rule in my dynasty against it. The LB cover for crap already putting a WR at TE just adds to it but its your game, play as you like.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #3
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

thats what im thinking it feels cheesey........i think tis cause he gets so much separation that he rarely drops passes................when ive played with other tes with only 75-80 speed they drop alot of passes but they also have a defender close to em....he is automatic

Last edited by baccVols; 09-09-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #4
MVP

I recruited a TE for my Miami (OH) dynasty who was a 2-star but had B+ speed and was 6'3". He ended up being an 85 speed and was a freshman all-american.

he couldn't block but I didn't care as he was a beast pass-cathcer. unfortunately he was only a 65 overall as a sophomore.

I actually recruited too many WRs one year and had to move my taller ones to TE. They were solid but never did anything to make me think it was cheesy.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #5
Rookie

I have done this in the past but i haven't had a tall wr in a while all my wide outs top out at 6'3 but they are only 185

I got a walk on takle who was a 40 so i redshirted him and the next year i needed a te and his speed was 76 so i switched him and he was close to a 70 overall and he could catch pluse he is now 305
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 10:50 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 34

The problem is he's still going to "move" like a WR.

LB's and most Safeties will have absolutely no shot at covering him, no matter how poor his rating as a TE is.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I don't have a real problem with it. You will probably pay for it when using him in the run game as his blocking will stink. Look at Beckum on Wisconsin. He's more of a pumped up WR who's a terrific pass catching TE in college football and has caught over 900 yards worth of passes each of the last two seasons. I love throwing to TEs. As long as you aren't running money plays all the time to him I say have fun the way you want to have fun.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #8
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't have a real problem with it. You will probably pay for it when using him in the run game as his blocking will stink. Look at Beckum on Wisconsin. He's more of a pumped up WR who's a terrific pass catching TE in college football and has caught over 900 yards worth of passes each of the last two seasons. I love throwing to TEs. As long as you aren't running money plays all the time to him I say have fun the way you want to have fun.
but you really cannot take a real life scenario and plug it into this game. In real life- you'll have a safety or strong side backer (at worse) on Beckum- since the game doesn't even have specific LBs listed nor does any game adjustments like sticking a saftey on him i see it as an exploit.

In addition, with the horrible DL/OL interaction you don't punish that 185 TE like you should in run or pass blocking. I dont' care if the user does it or not but i just do not agree that its not cheesing due to the programming limits of this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »