Home

Declined Penalty?

This is a discussion on Declined Penalty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #1
Rookie

rcdawgs's Arena

OVR: 7
Icon13 Declined Penalty?

For years I have been under the impression that the game decides who is going to win as soon as the coin is flipped and proceeds to screw you accordingly...

Last night, I throw a deep post to Cosby (UT) and it is picked off by OU. I see the penalty coming--- Yes! Defensive pass interference.

Then the penalty accept/decline box comes up and it is defaulted to decline. I think, huh? That is weird.. and before I can push up to select accept and hit x, the ref comes back and says "Penalty Delclined" and its 1st and 10.. OU.

Funny thing is, it didn't even surprise me. Not with this game. Anyone seen this one?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Declined Penalty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdawgs
For years I have been under the impression that the game decides who is going to win as soon as the coin is flipped and proceeds to screw you accordingly...

Last night, I throw a deep post to Cosby (UT) and it is picked off by OU. I see the penalty coming--- Yes! Defensive pass interference.

Then the penalty accept/decline box comes up and it is defaulted to decline. I think, huh? That is weird.. and before I can push up to select accept and hit x, the ref comes back and says "Penalty Delclined" and its 1st and 10.. OU.

Funny thing is, it didn't even surprise me. Not with this game. Anyone seen this one?
well you must of bumped X, because it doesnt automatically do it for you or give you a time to do it in.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 09-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #3
Rookie

rcdawgs's Arena

wow... you sound like my wife. I must have bumped x?

First, I know that it doesn't have a time limit or do it automatically... that is the whole reason for the post.

Second, isnt the default accept/decline on accept for HUM when the penalty is on the CPU and it benefits you more than the decline outcome?

Third, while thinking WTF??? I looked down at my controller and my thumb was not on x.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:19 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

it was probably offensive PI
Old 09-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #5
Rookie

ps2sportgamer's Arena

OVR: 5

It was Off PI. The CPU picked decline. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #6
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

If your helmet is in the Penalty box the penalty is against you. If you can remember who's helmet appeared.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 09-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #7
Rookie

rcdawgs's Arena

I think the issue is it was offensive PI but with the turnover, I went to defense. So after the play the game says it is defensive PI... even though the “alleged foul” occurred while I was on offense. fficeffice" />>>
Old 09-10-2008, 11:22 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 19

Yeah they are all right and sexy ^^^^^ mmm mmm mmmmmm

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »