Home

That sucks..well it will be alright I guess

This is a discussion on That sucks..well it will be alright I guess within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2008, 12:43 PM   #9
Rookie

Jballer's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: That sucks..well it will be alright I guess

I figured Duke, Navy, and L-Lafayette (the others to offer) were that low but Stanford? Are they really that bad? They are in freakin California! Im going to have to do something about that.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:47 PM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I love these threads. We need more success/failure stories as to people's coaching careers.

Good luck with Stanford man, and damn those Huskies!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #11
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
lol, well I meant the perfect sliders for my level of skills, which trust me is probably lower than yours. Its a tweaked version of the OS All-American sliders or some name like that.
I play on AA level and I've almost got the game where I want it with very little slider adjustments. I was just wondering which ones you were using since the game seemed perfect to you. LOL I try not to adjust too many on my own because once I start that I almost become obsessed with tweaking this and that looking for perfection.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #12
Rookie

Jballer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I love these threads. We need more success/failure stories as to people's coaching careers.

Good luck with Stanford man, and damn those Huskies!

Thanks! I didnt realize Stanford sucked so bad. I hope to pour it on those Huskies soon after I build my army.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:51 PM   #13
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Thanks! I didnt realize Stanford sucked so bad. I hope to pour it on those Huskies soon after I build my army.
good luck with building that army. And get ready for some battles in the Pac-10. Out of curiousity, who took your spot at NIU? Can you tell?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I've never been fired before but came awful close last year. I didn't do well with Alabama in my first season and started out 1-5 in my second year. I had a ZERO approval rating. I went 5-1 down the stretch and earned a bowl berth to save my job. I was pretty bitter thinking I was going to get fired but I escaped.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
Rookie

Jballer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
good luck with building that army. And get ready for some battles in the Pac-10. Out of curiousity, who took your spot at NIU? Can you tell?
Havent got there yet but will update when I do. Need your advice. I have a good QB and a plethora of WR's that are good but no RB. What kind of offense should I run? I really like the spread and he is mobile so I was thinking of sticking with that. I want 3-4 receivers out there really. I Ran it at Northern Illinois with a good RB and no receivers and might be why I kept losing. But I had some good ones coming in. ONE MORE DAMN YEAR and I couldve had them looking real good. I was so excited about Henton transferring over from tOSU. He was the perfect QB for me.

Last edited by Jballer; 09-16-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 04:45 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
I just got fired after two seasons with Northern Illinois! Just two! I have great sliders and the game is realistic so Im lovin it but I just didnt think I should of been fired. I was 6-7 with a bowl apperance in my first year and then 3-9 my 2nd year. I pull in a few 3 stars my first year which is solid for NIU. Then my 2nd year I had 4 4-star players committed and a 5 star real close (ended up going to Oregon after I was fired) so I thought I had done a good job rebuilding after my first year when we lost a bunch of seniors. I even landed Antonio Henton via the transfer from Ohio State (guess he hadn't transferred to GSU yet). I was expecting a monster year my 3rd year and I knew my 3rd year would be a make or break. Well, I got fired before it so I bring in all these recruits to fit my style and all the time I put in, for nothing.

But all is not lost, when I advanced to open jobs, Duke, Navy, and Stanford wanted me. STANFORD. To me, I thought California is a huge state with a bunch of prospects I can win there. So now Im happily at Stanford. Its going to be tough competing with the likes of USC in the Pac-10 and in the state of California, but its a perfect storm as well. So far Ive only locked up a 4-star 250LB MLB that is a stud. Im in the running for a few real good late pickups at WR and apparently we have a real good QB who will just be a Soph next year.

I posted this to just give my story and tell you that I LOVE THIS GAME. I was PISSED when I got shafted at NIU but ending up at Stanford, Im really fueled to work my butt off and make them into a national contender and pound down those Huskies at NIU. I now hate them and plan to try to schedule a game in 2-3 and run the score up on my recruits. They must've had high expectations and I just didnt meet them so I was fired. I love how realistic this felt and Im ready to play some more! Who is ever happy being fired?!?!
I know how you feel because I got fired after my FIRST season at Marshall going 4-9. I was dissapointed because I really started to get attached to that program and that big M on the helmet and the green jerseys. I then landed at U of Kentucky who went 1-9 the previous year. I figured (SEC) huge conference y not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »