Home

Help-Online Dynasty Player Progression Glitch

This is a discussion on Help-Online Dynasty Player Progression Glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2008, 11:36 AM   #17
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Help-Online Dynasty Player Progression Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
just how much progression is suppose to take place here. the other guy (who was not the host) is using ND. He went a bad 5-7 last year and ended the season with 4 guys rated at 99!!!! WTF is that all about? 2 of them are FROSH(RS). They were frosh that he red shirted last year and they went up by like 20 points..... I don't get this. I don't remember this ever being broken in past years. Is ONLINE DYNASTIES player progression simply busted? He had a LB awareness go up by 21 points BEFORE the training in the off season!
i have never seen progression like that. 3 ODs and never seen anything that crazy.

did he change the players position? during the season, the most i've seen someone progress has been 4-5 points of overall(usually around 1-2 for most players), and in off-season the most is 9-10(usually get around 2-5 for most players).

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 09-22-2008, 11:38 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Wow, those numbers are huge. That I have not seen. But it is very broken, at least online, and only the commish. The numbers we see are 2-4 overall points for around maybe 10 players. It also depends on if you are putting in 2nd stringers in blowouts, that helps alot with the lesser guys.

We set up another xbox live account, and use the dummy gamertag as the commish, which has fixed the problem. But of course, it is a pain to log in and out, and the additional money is bullcrap as well.

But thats what you do when you are a true addict ! Kicking crack is easier !
Old 09-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #19
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

That's very strange... I don't see any reason why it would only affect the commish. Progression in online uses the same code as offline dynasties.

And the thing about the guys jumping 20 points? Hmmm... maybe he is exploiting something? I have NEVER seen that.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:08 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
That's very strange... I don't see any reason why it would only affect the commish. Progression in online uses the same code as offline dynasties.

And the thing about the guys jumping 20 points? Hmmm... maybe he is exploiting something? I have NEVER seen that.
Impossible... first off we have house rule of no changing positions so that isn't it plus the player was on the bench red shirting... let me know OMT if you want to look at our dynasty. Would be happy to share it with you if you wanted to take a look.

I 100% know its not exploitation because we are friends in real life and that just isn't how we roll. Hell, we have double digit house rules assuring that we occasionally lose to the CPU. The guy's team that went way up went 5-7 while I went 12-1 and didn't sniff the gains that he did. His team is now faaaaaaaaaaaaar superior to mine. I am UM he is ND.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #21
Rookie

omisos's Arena

I am now using the following workaround because I am hopelessly addicted to the very imperfect online dynasty:

1. Sign up for another Xboxlive account. I went and bought a 3 month gold subscription at Wal Mart for $20.

2. Set up a dynasty with your new live account and invite yourself and your friends.

3. Play the season as you would normally and advance the new account without playing or recruiting .

This is a bit of a pain...logging on and on.....but it works. Me and my buddy are now getting consistent comparable gains like we should, nothing huge but consistent bumps to players who are performing well and we are both getting hotstreaks. To me it was worth the extra $$ because I love the OD feature but I wish they could make this right so we would not have to go to the extra time, expense, and frustration just to play the game as it is meant to be played.

@OMT
Please fix this and the players leaving glitch. I couldn't care less about the gameplay issues, that can be addressed with sliders. The Online Dynasty is sick and it needs attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #22
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by omisos
I am now using the following workaround because I am hopelessly addicted to the very imperfect online dynasty:

1. Sign up for another Xboxlive account. I went and bought a 3 month gold subscription at Wal Mart for $20.

2. Set up a dynasty with your new live account and invite yourself and your friends.

3. Play the season as you would normally and advance the new account without playing or recruiting .

This is a bit of a pain...logging on and on.....but it works. Me and my buddy are now getting consistent comparable gains like we should, nothing huge but consistent bumps to players who are performing well and we are both getting hotstreaks. To me it was worth the extra $$ because I love the OD feature but I wish they could make this right so we would not have to go to the extra time, expense, and frustration just to play the game as it is meant to be played.

@OMT
Please fix this and the players leaving glitch. I couldn't care less about the gameplay issues, that can be addressed with sliders. The Online Dynasty is sick and it needs attention.
I'm not sure what you are doing here.. I guess I don't understand your post. What particular issue are you talking about? The commish not getting as much player progression as the other guys? We don't see any way this would happen, and it doesn't happen to everybody... so without knowing HOW it is triggered, we can't fix it.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #23
Rookie

omisos's Arena

Well it is happening.
Some people probably don't realize it, but we tried to run it every way you can (with sliders moved/without, with rosters/without, etc. etc....) and every time the commish gets screwed. I know you don't see how it could hapen otherwise you probably would have already fixed it. It is a bug whether you want to acknowledge it or not. What's up with the players leaving early glitch?
Old 09-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #24
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by omisos
Well it is happening.
Some people probably don't realize it, but we tried to run it every way you can (with sliders moved/without, with rosters/without, etc. etc....) and every time the commish gets screwed. I know you don't see how it could hapen otherwise you probably would have already fixed it. It is a bug whether you want to acknowledge it or not. What's up with the players leaving early glitch?
I believe you, I'm not ignoring it. But I need to figure out how to make it happen on my end in order to fix it. I could give an engineer everything in this forum and he wouldn't have a thing to go on. There must be another step that is causing this to happen. Without that step, we can't fix it. That is the nature of fixing bugs.

We are planning on fixing the players leaving issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »