Home

No Formation SUbs is KILLING Dynasty for me

This is a discussion on No Formation SUbs is KILLING Dynasty for me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2008, 09:33 AM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: No Formation SUbs is KILLING Dynasty for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
Isn't the old formation subs button now one of the play calling buttons?
Once you have actually picked your formation I think you are right. But when you are looking at a formation to choose, the square button could still be used to change the package formations from that screen and it would be an improvement imo. The overall formation menu is usually where I set my packages if I want to give my second HB more time.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:41 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaiano7
Is there anyone who knows how I can apply for a job on the testing and consulting team? I know that the pay may not be much, but I would really like someone with football experience above pee-wee, and a conscious, aware human being with football coaching experience, as well as someone who loves the video game eough to play 2,500 games in one calender year to have a say in the making of the game.

I started with the '06 version. Played the '05 at a friends house, and have watched the game get steadily worse over the past 4 seasons. I really have started spending my time on other things, but I must confess, I would rather be playing this game if it was worth a squirt.
Funny thing about this is they could find people to do it for free...

Goto any major football college in america and you would have hundreds of vols to beta this game. I went to penn state and my ps1 probably saw thousands of NCAA games on it...

They just need people to play... and play and play some more.

Thats how you see there are offseason recruiting glitches, thats how you see that people are helpless on defense, thats how you see the lack of form subs and what the current method lacks, thats how you see zone D is worthless, thats how you see after a couple years of dynasty every team has 1 of each olinemen, thats how you see sliders dont work or arnt effective enough, thats how you see that by '010 or '011 the bc title game is played by 2 non bcs schools most years... By playing the game alot... Like you know, the people who actually buy it.

This game needs to be tested by having a hundred college kids run a 10 year dynasty... which would take about 3 weeks....

Not only would every bug, glitch and error be found, every little annoyance and minor issue would be found..

But there is one big problem... EA would have to care to do this.

College kids would probably do this for free or at most a free copy of NCAA on release..

Last edited by hoots711; 09-16-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #11
Rookie

vaiano7's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoots711
Funny thing about this is they could find people to do it for free...

Goto any major football college in america and you would have hundreds of vols to beta this game. I went to penn state and my ps1 probably saw thousands of NCAA games on it...

They just need people to play... and play and play some more.

Thats how you see there are offseason recruiting glitches, thats how you see that people are helpless on defense, thats how you see the lack of form subs and what the current method lacks, thats how you see zone D is worthless, thats how you see after a couple years of dynasty every team has 1 of each olinemen, thats how you see sliders dont work or arnt effective enough, thats how you see that by '010 or '011 the bc title game is played by 2 non bcs schools most years... By playing the game alot... Like you know, the people who actually buy it.

This game needs to be tested by having a hundred college kids run a 10 year dynasty... which would take about 3 weeks....

Not only would every bug, glitch and error be found, every little annoyance and minor issue would be found..

College kids would probably do this for free or at most a free copy of NCAA on release..
This is an extremely poignant and probably remarkably accurate response. How can we get this into the hands of decision makers?

And, what is up with the Rookie status. I used to be a seasoned vet, but now have to start all over again. Oh well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 10:20 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoots711
They don't care because we buy it anyway. If they gave it to a bunch of real people to test, word might get out before release that it was the same old crap, only with more bugs. They'd have to spend a lot of money fixing those bugs or kiss that early sales surge goodbye.

As it is, before we all line up to buy it on day one they only have to worry about a handful of professional reviewers actually doing their job. Which is laughable. The pros just plagiarize the EA press release about all the new features, overlook glaring bugs, tell us how improved it is over last year's sucky game (which got a great review from them) and give the game the usual 8.5 - 9.5 out of 10.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:33 AM   #13
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

the year they added formation subs was the year it felt they went from arcade college game to trying to actually be real football. what a great option it is. i do like the package subs but formation subs i would rather have 100% of the time. also if this feature is added back (which to me should be on top of list) could you make it so that the two ways to sub work together. on old gen if you had a formation sub you couldnt move that guy with package subs. so if you have you number 1 wr in the slot on a formation and then select hb slot the 1 wr is still there. it overrode the package sub you made. would be cool if all of this worked together.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #14

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

This is one of the top reasons I have not made the jump to next gen. No formation subs would drive me nuts, especially when it comes to my special teams units. This is a big deal to a lot of people and I would hate not having total control of that aspect of the game.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:26 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM
They don't care because we buy it anyway. If they gave it to a bunch of real people to test, word might get out before release that it was the same old crap, only with more bugs. They'd have to spend a lot of money fixing those bugs or kiss that early sales surge goodbye.
Yep, you are 100% correct.

I just think it is short sighted...

To be honest.. for '010 they should do it with '09 right now.

I would buy '010 if the slogan this year was "NCAA '010... we fixed '09"

Dont add another stupid mascot game or mini game.

Get people off this board (or other boards) or college who care enough about this game to take time out of their profesional or academic day to play it and then spend time posting about it..

These people would do it for free.

If EA would spend 1 year doing this they would have an incredibly good base (it would certainly take some work fixing things like AI and such, but im sure it would pay off in the long term). Then anything they add is gravy...

Then Add AD mode, stadium improvement mode, create a school mode. But you have to get the base right... or people like myself wont be purchasing all these great new features in the coming years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #16
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

^^ VERY well stated!

Is there any way we can get a band of suggestions (tweaks, fixes, etc.) together and get those packaged to give to not only EA but their actual NCAA team?

Has anyone tried this previously?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »