Home

Hypothesis on new/old game options

This is a discussion on Hypothesis on new/old game options within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #9
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Hypothesis on new/old game options

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Can't please everyone, good choice.

Adam, do the visuals take up a large amount of resources/human hours and do you think they are essential to selling the game?

An answer would be appreciated if you can...I can see why you wouldn't.
Yes, they do. But they are done by different people. Most of it is art solutions... modeling (polys), textures, lighting. Those are the things that make the game visual. Any programming support for these is done by engineers that specialize in rendering (aka "drawing" the art to the screen).

They really do have a very large impact on selling the game. We all know that gameplay is what makes a game good, but great graphics sells a lot of copies.

Is there something more specific you were wondering?
Old 09-17-2008, 06:42 PM   #10
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
We were going to put in 09, but we did Online Dynasty instead.
Great move!!! Create a Team IMO is a "nice to have". EA should forget about new features next year and concentrate on gameplay.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yes, they do. But they are done by different people. Most of it is art solutions... modeling (polys), textures, lighting. Those are the things that make the game visual. Any programming support for these is done by engineers that specialize in rendering (aka "drawing" the art to the screen).

They really do have a very large impact on selling the game. We all know that gameplay is what makes a game good, but great graphics sells a lot of copies.

HEY OMT WHAT EVER HAPPEND TO THE EAST-WEST ALL STAR GAME AFTER THE SEASON HAVE NOT SEEN THAT IN THE NCAA GAMES FOR A SOME TIME IT WAS A NICE ADD BACK THEN
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 08:26 PM   #12
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28

I do like the create a team option back in the day. I missed a few days of work because an illness, so I popped in NCAA '06 and had a little fun. I thought of which teams would be fun to add to the historic ones offered and created the '93 Arizona "Desert Storm" Wildcats and the '91 Houston Cougars and the run and shoot.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #13
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

Truly I miss create-a-team. I used to spend hours creating teams. And when my friends and I started dynasties I would always be the one that took the longest because my team had to be just right. In all video games I play customization is the number one feature I look for in a game. And being that 98% of my video gamer career (now a 10 year vet. haha) is playing NCAA, creating teams has always been something I have look forward to every July. So to say that I was disappointed this year when found out it would be back was true.....

But after reading Adams and some of the other guys answers to our many questions I have realized a two things...
1) Adam said they want to bring it back and I believe they will.
2) He also said they want to bring back a NEW Create-A-Team and not last gens. Which I really hope they do. Although last gens was ok it got old. Logos, uniforms, helmet stripes, stadium options etc. I hope that when they bring it back it is more detailed than ever. More logos, more uniforms, more stadium designs, more helmet decals (rams horns, eagle wings, etc.) more helmet stripes.

But truly I hope they do bring back old(updated) features as well as new ones. And after talking to Adam and reading his replies to all of us I have more of an understanding of what goes into a video game.

Old 09-17-2008, 11:49 PM   #14
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

Nothing specific here and thank you for the response.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:07 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Great move!!! Create a Team IMO is a "nice to have". EA should forget about new features next year and concentrate on gameplay.
No, I'd like Create-A-School back, thank you very much. Before I transitioned to current gen in '08, I coached my own school in Dynasty exclusively. I really miss that. Coaching a real life school just hasn't given me quite that same feeling of actual responsibility and "connection" that I get when I coaching my own school in which I actually started and built up the program.

awful demo - Lonnie1892
Quote:
Me no like game. Graphics make Lonnie puke. Lonnie no play NCAA no more. NCAA=suck. Lonnie=not suck. - AuburnAlumni
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 08:33 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

Because it isn't as simple as you believe it is.
Right, with time being spent on mascot game and mini games...

I hate to sound so negative in my reply but if you're telling me the EA design team (or any software team for that matter) can’t get what users consider basic functions that have existed in LAST GEN software into your 3RD YEAR of next gen software then to me it is one of two things.

1. Complete lack of attention to what your customers want (priorities)
2. Complete incompetence / lack of skill by your programmers.

It’s one or the other... Either they weren’t instructed to do it or they can’t do it.

Yeah OMT, after 3 year it should be "as simple as I believe it is"

I know you don’t work in the area and it isn’t your fault by any means but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade OMT...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »