Home

I am loving dynasty mode!!!

This is a discussion on I am loving dynasty mode!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2008, 11:24 AM   #65
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: I am loving dynasty mode!!!

i recently started a offline dynasty with Temple. man are they slow. my HBs speeds are 87, 87, 88. although i was having fun running the wishbone formation they have in their playbook, but i ended up switching to Maryland's playbook.

first game against Army was a struggle at first for my defense, my offense just powered their way over Army's defense with ease. 2nd my defense came around in the 2nd half and i won 31-20.

my 2nd game was against Connecticut in a monsoon. i lost 36-14. wasn't much i could do.

3rd game was @ Buffalo for my rivalry game. was down 31-17 at one point but managed to come back and win it on a last second FG 34-31.

i then had to play Penn State. the score was 59-27, but it was much worse than that. i had 2 pick 6's late when the back-up QB for Penn State had to play because i knocked out the starter and my only offensive TD came with 1:45 to go in the game when i went 5-wide trying to get something going. Penn State has a lot of speed that Temple does not have. Williams had 5 catches 178 yards 2 TDs for Penn State, their HB Royster had 97 yards on 12 carries. their 2 QBs had combined 476 yards on 16 completions.

my next game was at home against Western Michigan. i took out my frustrations on the Broncos, 27-0 shutout. it was a real close game at first. no one scored in the 1st half until i got a last second 1st half FG. 3-0 at the half. 3rd quarter saw me having a 21 point explosion before only getting 3 in the 4th.

currently 3-2(2-0) with 2 big road MAC games coming up @ Miami(OH) and @ Central Michigan.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
looks good. Wish I had that kind of talent.
No talent required. I just do a print screen then cut out the boxscore. Then I use the selection tool to erase all of the information and save it as a blank template.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:43 AM   #67
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
No talent required. I just do a print screen then cut out the boxscore. Then I use the selection tool to erase all of the information and save it as a blank template.
Like I said, I wish I had that kind of talent.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-26-2008, 12:33 PM   #68
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
i recently started a offline dynasty with Temple. man are they slow. my HBs speeds are 87, 87, 88. although i was having fun running the wishbone formation they have in their playbook, but i ended up switching to Maryland's playbook.

first game against Army was a struggle at first for my defense, my offense just powered their way over Army's defense with ease. 2nd my defense came around in the 2nd half and i won 31-20.

my 2nd game was against Connecticut in a monsoon. i lost 36-14. wasn't much i could do.

3rd game was @ Buffalo for my rivalry game. was down 31-17 at one point but managed to come back and win it on a last second FG 34-31.

i then had to play Penn State. the score was 59-27, but it was much worse than that. i had 2 pick 6's late when the back-up QB for Penn State had to play because i knocked out the starter and my only offensive TD came with 1:45 to go in the game when i went 5-wide trying to get something going. Penn State has a lot of speed that Temple does not have. Williams had 5 catches 178 yards 2 TDs for Penn State, their HB Royster had 97 yards on 12 carries. their 2 QBs had combined 476 yards on 16 completions.

my next game was at home against Western Michigan. i took out my frustrations on the Broncos, 27-0 shutout. it was a real close game at first. no one scored in the 1st half until i got a last second 1st half FG. 3-0 at the half. 3rd quarter saw me having a 21 point explosion before only getting 3 in the 4th.

currently 3-2(2-0) with 2 big road MAC games coming up @ Miami(OH) and @ Central Michigan.
Thats exactly how my 1st year in my Temple dynasty went. I ended up 3rd in the MAC behind CMU and Akron.
Did you start either True Freshman at QB or HB?
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 09-26-2008, 12:39 PM   #69
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Thats exactly how my 1st year in my Temple dynasty went. I ended up 3rd in the MAC behind CMU and Akron.
Did you start either True Freshman at QB or HB?
I'm starting the Sr(RS) QB right now. for HB i have been trying to rotate them in and going with the "hot" HB in that game, but Liverpool(SP?) is the one that gets the start right now.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 09-26-2008, 02:15 PM   #70
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
So I'm thinking of getting back into dynasty reporting. I already have a thread started. I figured I'd just give a post with an update of the remainder of the 2008 season and how the 2009 season ended up then start fresh with the 2010 season since I'm still in the off-season.

What do you guys think of something like this...

Coupled with a little blurb from the game. I'm not really into long drawn out dynasty reports. I created a template from CNNSI and I'll make one of those and a little write-up for each game.
That's sweet. Dynasty reports can be fun to read but many times the person reporting them probably goes nuts if they have to write down too much info. A box score like that is beautiful but still looks like a lot of work to me! If you say it's easy I'll just take your word for it.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #71
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I'm starting the Sr(RS) QB right now. for HB i have been trying to rotate them in and going with the "hot" HB in that game, but Liverpool(SP?) is the one that gets the start right now.
Ok, I started both True Freshmans and my 4th year the HB (forget his name) was a 93 OVR. I ended up just recruiting a new QB.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 3
Location: Corleone Compound- Sanford Stadium on Saturdays in the Fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I agree with just playing your way and not worrying about what others think.
Man, that's good advice and a line I just had to quote. You gotta just keep livin', man. Play the way you want to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »