Home

The lack of CPU deep balls is driving me nuts

This is a discussion on The lack of CPU deep balls is driving me nuts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2008, 11:05 AM   #17
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: The lack of CPU deep balls is driving me nuts

if you want the CPU to throw it deep on you, run man(with no safeties over the top in zone) or cover 1. but the CPU sucks at throwing the deep ball, its usually a Int or deflected, so its better off for them to just throw it short.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 09-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #18
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

i really think that the CPU is designed to play it safe they dont believe in risky throws...i play man str8 up and most of the time the safety is playing one side of the field or another. and they still wont try it so its just this version in my opinion with time i think it changes.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The default logic on throwing balls down the field is bad. As a user, we all lead receivers to complete passes better. The cpu simply uses the default system which means many deeper passes are underthrown. Even if they threw the ball deep more often, I would want them to be completed. Hopefully this is reworked next year.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:17 AM   #20
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
i really think that the CPU is designed to play it safe they dont believe in risky throws...i play man str8 up and most of the time the safety is playing one side of the field or another. and they still wont try it so its just this version in my opinion with time i think it changes.
against the CPU, i mostly play man with no safety help, or cover 1 and the CPU will go deep about once per game on me. but like i said, its almost a 99% chance it will be either an Int or deflected, it's very rarely completed.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »