Home

After 5 Seasons in Dynasty, All CPU Teams Suck

This is a discussion on After 5 Seasons in Dynasty, All CPU Teams Suck within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2008, 03:50 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: After 5 Seasons in Dynasty, All CPU Teams Suck

A great fix for this would be to KILLLLLLLLL! your coaching integrity if you cut a recruited player...

I dont know, but isnt it rare for a major school to give a scholly and then cut before season one?

If this was implimented it would force players (especially in OD) to only target their true needs with maybe a little gravy.

I sit back and laugh as 5 of the 6 guys in my OD are in the top 15 recruiting classes but they seem to still never have great guys. Im around 60-70ish and seem to have better over all players.

I think they dont spend enough time on the true studs since they are trying to spend some time on 30+ players each week. Alot of the players they do get dont see playing time and dont improve much.... and then if they do they only have them for a year since most good players are gone JR year in OD...
Old 09-25-2008, 04:41 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 20

Yep noticed this too basically ruins dynasty after a couple of years. The only solution would be to play single year dynasties.

The CPU team's managment of recruiting, position changes and adjusting depth charts is so far below my expectations for this gen. I was expecting huge advances in ai this gen but it is not to be.

Another thing that ruins recruiting is that the ratings of lower teir players is pretty jacked up. 300 pounders+ with 70 strength and wr's with 80 speed simply because they are 1,2 or in some cases only three star players. First and formost size and position played should be big determining factors of attributes like strength and speed for example regardless of how many stars a recruit is.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 09-25-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
I know, Will Ferrel answers by saying, "Hmm, that doesnt make much sense". I love that movie as well. And he really says "It work 90% of the time, every time" if im not mistaken.
It's actually. "They've done studies you know. 60% of the time, it works every time."
Old 09-25-2008, 06:17 PM   #20
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Yep noticed this too basically ruins dynasty after a couple of years. The only solution would be to play single year dynasties.

The CPU team's managment of recruiting, position changes and adjusting depth charts is so far below my expectations for this gen. I was expecting huge advances in ai this gen but it is not to be.

Another thing that ruins recruiting is that the ratings of lower teir players is pretty jacked up. 300 pounders+ with 70 strength and wr's with 80 speed simply because they are 1,2 or in some cases only three star players. First and formost size and position played should be big determining factors of attributes like strength and speed for example regardless of how many stars a recruit is.
That makes sense about size and spd. I'd almost rather the ratings go to the way NBA Live had them(04 or 05 was the last year I played it) where there is a bigger range of player ratings that made 50 OVR players pretty good so there would be more diversity among players' skills. That is just a thought. That way big guys are at least strong. I like the way you can't edit players' heights and weights in dynasty. Maybe this is a sign of things to come and weight/inertia will determine impact.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:20 AM   #21
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by erivera7
It's actually. "They've done studies you know. 60% of the time, it works every time."
Nice I need to watch it again.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2008, 05:39 AM   #22
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Wouldnt creating several top end offensive lineman help this situation? Say I went all out and created 25 5 star O linemen every offseason, wouldnt that help the weak O lines on top teams?
Old 09-27-2008, 06:36 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
I like the way you can't edit players' heights and weights in dynasty.
I don't. I liked it when I could fix their mistakes. A power back who's 5' 11" 180 lbs shouldn't happen.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #24
Rookie

whatcha's Arena

OVR: 4

Just an FYI, the teams actually seem to get better later. my buddy and I are finishing up our 15th season this year and the powerhouses have managed to work their ways back into the top teams (ratings' wise). It's kinda nice to see because we had the same concerns when we were around that area (season 5 and 6).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »