Home

The BCS Bites

This is a discussion on The BCS Bites within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
The BCS Bites

i am playing as hawai'i in my offline dynasty. i went undefeated and beat usc in the bcs national championship last yr. hardest game of my life vs the cpu. 21 - 22. but besides that, i started the season as #1 and had the 43rd ranked draft class. (dont know if that's relevant or not)

so far i year two im 7-0 (4-0), none of my games have been close since the wac conference is so weak...everyone besides boise st, but they got creamed too.

i have dropped a rank every week since week three. i am now undefeated and number 5 in the coaches' poll and 6th in the media poll. i have 2 heisman candidates so i know skill points isnt why im dropping. or is it? along with the fact that i have a very, or should i say VERY weak conference and non conference schedule?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
Rookie

thuglife_180's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The BCS Bites

well after i won back to back NC titles in my NAVY dynasty i still don't get preseson ranked and now i have a+ sked every year and still can't move up in the rankings it sucks really bad
Old 09-25-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuglife_180
well after i won back to back NC titles in my NAVY dynasty i still don't get preseson ranked and now i have a+ sked every year and still can't move up in the rankings it sucks really bad
sucks for u. lol. at least someone feels my pain/ annoyance/ bitterness. i just dont get it. i only play two ranked teams all year but an undefeated season is an undefeated season. i proved myself in last year's title game

Old 09-26-2008, 04:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
Location: Corleone Compound- Sanford Stadium on Saturdays in the Fall

Guys, I'm in my third year with Texas A & M (wanted to build a program)....won the title 2 times with everyone returning of significance....still ranked #18 in the preseason polls with an A- overall.

I feel your pain, but so does everyone in the top 3 preseason because I scheduled them all to give them a loss.

I'm to the point where I try not to make sense of it and go the Al Davis route of 'just win baby'.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA-Showstoppah
Guys, I'm in my third year with Texas A & M (wanted to build a program)....won the title 2 times with everyone returning of significance....still ranked #18 in the preseason polls with an A- overall.

I feel your pain, but so does everyone in the top 3 preseason because I scheduled them all to give them a loss.

I'm to the point where I try not to make sense of it and go the Al Davis route of 'just win baby'.
i feel ya but if i cant get a few titles under my belt its gonna be hard to unlock the 2 of the achievements. be invited to a bcs conference and develop a new pipeline state for recruiting

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #6
Rookie

dking_11's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
i feel ya but if i cant get a few titles under my belt its gonna be hard to unlock the 2 of the achievements. be invited to a bcs conference and develop a new pipeline state for recruiting
well try scheduling really hard opponents.. not for the beginning of the season.. but towards the middle.. that way you can knock them off.. say such a team as oklahoma and such.. i know me personally, i schedule all of the hard games on the road, to see if i can make it more impressive.. and because i get tired of looking at my stadium and viewing theirs.. i know being in the WAC conference you should be able to schedule 4 games.. as i think the pac10 and big10 only allow 3.. but take 3 on the road, and 1 at home.. the one at home being of a lesser of those top teams.. like say if if it was (USC, OU, LSU and TXAM) no disrespect to aggie fans.. but try scheduling this game at home..

im in my 1st year with UCF, and i dont put 4 top tier teams on my schedule.. so i try to make it realistic.. and with me trying to get into the Big East, i schedule maybe 2 or 3 games against them. i play USF as a rival, then i'm going to a Cinny then playing at home against Pitt. my other game is @ Mia. So i'm just trying to realistically trying to get my national attention.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #7
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dking_11
well try scheduling really hard opponents.. not for the beginning of the season.. but towards the middle.. that way you can knock them off.. say such a team as oklahoma and such.. i know me personally, i schedule all of the hard games on the road, to see if i can make it more impressive.. and because i get tired of looking at my stadium and viewing theirs.. i know being in the WAC conference you should be able to schedule 4 games.. as i think the pac10 and big10 only allow 3.. but take 3 on the road, and 1 at home.. the one at home being of a lesser of those top teams.. like say if if it was (USC, OU, LSU and TXAM) no disrespect to aggie fans.. but try scheduling this game at home..

im in my 1st year with UCF, and i dont put 4 top tier teams on my schedule.. so i try to make it realistic.. and with me trying to get into the Big East, i schedule maybe 2 or 3 games against them. i play USF as a rival, then i'm going to a Cinny then playing at home against Pitt. my other game is @ Mia. So i'm just trying to realistically trying to get my national attention.
tried that too. my conference is hella weak. but i play any top 5 team, besides me, every year. i got the develop a new pipeline state achievement now. jus gotta unlock mr february and be invited to a bcs conference

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »