Home

Bad Day for Arizona's Kicker

This is a discussion on Bad Day for Arizona's Kicker within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2008, 12:50 AM   #1
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32
Bad Day for Arizona's Kicker

I was playing against Arizona in my Cal dynasty earlier today, and their kicker had one of the worst days I can recall by someone at that position in a video game...

First of all, it had been a surprisingly good game. I went up by 7 in the third quarter, which matched the biggest lead of the contest. On their next drive, I managed to stop the Wildcats and they attempted a 52-yard field goal. Here's where it got odd...

The kick bounced off of the cross bar... so, play over, no points for you, my turn with the ball... right? Nope.

Instead of awarding me possession, the game gives Arizona possession, heading towards the other end zone as if I wouldn't notice I was supposed to have the ball going in that direction! Needless to say, I was pissed... I made a good stop, the kicker missed a field goal, and I should have gotten the chance to add to my lead. Oh well.

So they drive to about the 25 yard line where I stalled their second drive of the possession. So, the kicker takes the field again... and kicks it waayyyyy wide right. So, two missed field goals in about three minutes. Way to go, dude.

Later in the game, Arizona actually managed to score a touchdown when I was up by 7. So, special teams comes out to kick the extra point and tie it up... but the kicker missed the extra point. At this point I'm wondering how he even made the team in the first place.

What a day for that fool. I ended up winning by that one point, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 12:38 PM   #2
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Bad Day for Arizona's Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitch
I was playing against Arizona in my Cal dynasty earlier today, and their kicker had one of the worst days I can recall by someone at that position in a video game...

First of all, it had been a surprisingly good game. I went up by 7 in the third quarter, which matched the biggest lead of the contest. On their next drive, I managed to stop the Wildcats and they attempted a 52-yard field goal. Here's where it got odd...

The kick bounced off of the cross bar... so, play over, no points for you, my turn with the ball... right? Nope.

Instead of awarding me possession, the game gives Arizona possession, heading towards the other end zone as if I wouldn't notice I was supposed to have the ball going in that direction! Needless to say, I was pissed... I made a good stop, the kicker missed a field goal, and I should have gotten the chance to add to my lead. Oh well.

So they drive to about the 25 yard line where I stalled their second drive of the possession. So, the kicker takes the field again... and kicks it waayyyyy wide right. So, two missed field goals in about three minutes. Way to go, dude.

Later in the game, Arizona actually managed to score a touchdown when I was up by 7. So, special teams comes out to kick the extra point and tie it up... but the kicker missed the extra point. At this point I'm wondering how he even made the team in the first place.

What a day for that fool. I ended up winning by that one point, too.
Nice, I thought that Patch #2 fixed this problem tho?
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 09-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #3
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32

I wasn't aware it was ever a problem before it happened to me, lol.

I've downloaded both patches... so I don't know why it would have still happened.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah its never happened to me before. I know the cpu has hit the field goal post and missed the field goal in some of my games before but its never given the ball back to the cpu. Maybe its only the cross bar that does it?
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 01-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

PATCHES ARE FOR PIRATES and tricks are for kids. If it ain't tricking if you got it!

YOUR HANDS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jferg
PATCHES ARE FOR PIRATES and tricks are for kids. If it ain't tricking if you got it!

YOUR HANDS!
WOW! describes what he's saying

and its... it aint trickin if you got it
Old 01-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #7
Rookie

desertdevil88's Arena

OVR: 2

Arizona blowing games? Now that makes me happy.

Make some cash by betting for free at centsports.com!
Old 01-13-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

there have been a few situations where i kicked a field goal and hit the cross bar and went in and the game said i missed it... never had the computer get the ball back after hitting the cross bar and (actually) missing it.

but all in all thats a pretty bad day for him. good thing hes not in the nfl. haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »