Home

ARE U KIDDIN ME?

This is a discussion on ARE U KIDDIN ME? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #57
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: ARE U KIDDIN ME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
I'm 23, been paying for my own stuff for years now, and live hours away from any family. And I'm not a grown *** man. No 18 year old on the planet is an adult yet.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm not saying you're cheesing. You prefer AA, and that's fine. But it's pretty realistic what happened to you. USC is the better team. He broke one. It happens all the time. I'm not saying you cheese by only giving up 50 ypg. That's all-american for you. If the RB would run the ball effectively on AA, I think that'd be the better mode, but they don't. But if you think a defense runs the same defensive play over and over again irl, you are nuts. Even in high school football, you're using a LOT more that 4 defensive plays a game.

I never use the same D twice in a row because even though they don't adapt, I at least play as if they would. It's more fun for me. I've learned to stop the cpu in a lot of situations using lot's of defenses. Do I have favorites that I use in critical situations and 3rd down? absolutely. But I save those for those type of situtions (9 velcro is one of my favorites near the endzone). If it's more fun for you to use four defenses, go ahead. The game is about having fun, and doing what's fun. But don't complain when a Joe McKnight lights you up, and say it's unrealistic. He is very good. He had a stretch of three games (Rose Bowl, Virginia, and Ohio St) where he had 290 yds on 30 carries. And those teams are much better defensively than Hawaii. It's pretty realistic.

i hold teams to under 50 rush yards on heisman too. its a bit harder but i do it. and i can run 4 defensive plays on aa or heisman against cpu or humans and win and its been proven. i disguise coverages and utilize hot routes so the play is never designed the same way as it is when i pick the play.

but im not sayin his amount of yards was ridiculous. i expected him to have alot of yards. but not over 200 on just 13 carries. he ripped two long runs. one of the two was the one were he broke 9 tackles in a single play. that was why i posted this. not cuz he chewed me up on the ground.

and in regards to ur first paragraph, if u work, have something going for yourself and ur not depending on others to clean up your mistakes, clothe you, feed, you and put a roof over your head in my book that makes you an adult. ive done everyhting besides keep a roof over my own head since i was 16 and when i graduated i got my aunt to cosign for my apartment. i'll be turnin 19 in little over a week and will be leasing on my own. so in mine and the eyes of alot of others im grown. but ur entitled to ur own opinion. no harm in that

Old 10-06-2008, 10:39 PM   #58
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
People on this site post sliders on various difficultly levels to give the most competitive game between equally skilled teams (ex. Army vs Idaho or Ohio St. vs Georgia) No one makes a slider set that allows Army to beat Georgia.
A competitive game is relative. A competitive game to me may not be a competitive game to you. If it's so comeptitive, then Hawaii wouldn't be going 41-0. I understand your point about equally matched teams, but the minute something doesn't go in your favor (not you specifically) or the game isn't "realistic", then you start adjusting the sliders because the computer is cheating somehow. So then Georgia doesn't really play like "Georgia", they play how you want them to play.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:03 PM   #59
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorFan1963
A competitive game is relative. A competitive game to me may not be a competitive game to you. If it's so comeptitive, then Hawaii wouldn't be going 41-0. I understand your point about equally matched teams, but the minute something doesn't go in your favor (not you specifically) or the game isn't "realistic", then you start adjusting the sliders because the computer is cheating somehow. So then Georgia doesn't really play like "Georgia", they play how you want them to play.

Agreed. i have some very close game because none of the sliders are set in my favor. im in the wac which is arguably the weakest conference in the ncaa. im supposed to be undefeated. boise st and fresno state fell off the map basically after my first year in my dynasty. the only games that are TRUE challenges are bowls. im only playin with hawaii to get invited into a bcs conference like the pac 10 so i can have some decent comp.

but in yr 4 of my dynasty my conference schedule is super weak. fresno and boise st are the only two teams with 74 overall or better. my hawaii team, after 3 undefeated seasons has a 90 overall. what 74 team is gonna beat a 90 rated team on any level? if that happens then the person playing sucks. heisman or aa

true enough, usc shouldve beat me on all 4 of our meetings. i pulled out a 22-21 w on heisman where i shut down joe mcknight, the next season we met again and that was the game he went bezerk on AA. it doesnt make sense. thats the cause of this post. when he graduated they ended up with a freshman starting at rb and he was slow so he got shut down too.

i started this thread because of the bs game i had. not because i almost lost or whatnot. losing is apart of any game. i just happen to run with hawaii alot better than expected on AA and heisman

Old 10-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #60
Rookie

madnumber24's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
and for the record my grammar is A OK. just cuz i don't spell everything the right way and use completely correct punctuation doesn't mean a damn thing online in a forum. and before u talk learn to spell Mr. Grammar. i'm going to school for elementary ed. and minorin' in english so i can be certified to teach/ tutor kids like you anywhere in the United States. so yes, my grammar is fine. but dude this is the internet, not a term paper. get ya mind right
preach on, lol i hate when people say that bs about grammar, this isn't school, if i wanted to be critiqued on something i would turn in one of my blueprints i spend all day on to my architect teacher.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #61
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnumber24
preach on, lol i hate when people say that bs about grammar, this isn't school, if i wanted to be critiqued on something i would turn in one of my blueprints i spend all day on to my architect teacher.
lol. it happens in all of these threads. there's always a guarantee that one guy is gonna have somethin very negative to say

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »