Home

Anybody ever seen the cpu...

This is a discussion on Anybody ever seen the cpu... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #9
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Anybody ever seen the cpu...

I've seen maybe 5-6 well thrown deep balls by the CPU, but I've never had the CPU hit a Go/Fly route and take it to the house on me. I'm playing on Heisman with custom sliders and the passing game is about as realistic as it's going to get on this game, but the only passes completed through the air for 30+ yards on me are deep corner routes.

I've found that sacrificing CPU completion percentages (allowing them to complete 70-75%) makes for a better game experience. Since they usually can't run the ball that well and typically pass more than they rush, it balances the game out more.

I've seen some people play with CPU QB Accuracy at 35 or below and I wonder how they ever lose a game.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:45 PM   #10
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

Since playing this game, I've been adjusting the coach sliders before games to hike up this sort of thing. I use HookEms pass/run ratios and then, depending on the team, add some points to their aggressiveness. This usually has the computer put the ball downfield about 5-6 times more than they normally would. And not just on the 9 (go) routes. Skinny posts and 7's go for just as much yardage. And the cpu doesn't always rifle an accurate pass, they usually tend to lob one up where the WR is going to be and hope that my defense doesnt get a play on it. I would say about 25% of these types of passes are completed and not always for 6. I too have my hum def awareness down to 30, I think. It might be lower. I use MudTigers AA sliders and really havent looked at the numbers after plugging them in (mainly because I havent had to adjust them and they work so awesomely!)
Old 09-29-2008, 05:37 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

^^^So the agressive slider works for in gameplay, I remember somebody saying it was only for sim. I use Hookem's run/pass ratios as well but I haven't touched the agressiveness slider.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »