Home

Restarting games in Online Dynasty

This is a discussion on Restarting games in Online Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Restarting games in Online Dynasty

All,

I'm the Commish of a small online dynasty. Logged in the other day and saw that one of the other members of the league had "restarted" their game 3 times. It was a human vs CPU game. He had won the game. When I asked about it, the member claimed "server trouble".

I remember playing a game myself earlier in our dynasty against the CPU where I lost connection to the online servers. I don't remember this being an issue, in fact, I think I finished the game, connected back to EASports, and the results were updated.

Whatcha guys think? Is this "server trouble" claim legit? Any way of knowing for certain?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: Restarting games in Online Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by terp_in_atl
All,

I'm the Commish of a small online dynasty. Logged in the other day and saw that one of the other members of the league had "restarted" their game 3 times. It was a human vs CPU game. He had won the game. When I asked about it, the member claimed "server trouble".

I remember playing a game myself earlier in our dynasty against the CPU where I lost connection to the online servers. I don't remember this being an issue, in fact, I think I finished the game, connected back to EASports, and the results were updated.

Whatcha guys think? Is this "server trouble" claim legit? Any way of knowing for certain?

Thanks!
I have had server unavailable twice so far. At the end of the game both times where it tried to upload and said that. That said- seems odd that it were occur in the same game three times. The odds are pretty piss poor at that. So i would have this person on a short leash for the rest of the season.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

it happened to me, i had to restart a game 3 times against the computer, beat em twice and the servers were not available,
and it wasnt on the same day....

so it can happen

Old 09-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #4
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

What team is he and who was his opponent? lol.

Ive never had it happen more than 1 time in a week, but I dont play online all that much anymore.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 09-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
What team is he and who was his opponent? lol.

Ive never had it happen more than 1 time in a week, but I dont play online all that much anymore.
it seems to happen more on weekends i guess cuz so many people are online at one time or somethin. but its happened to me in 3 diff dynasties so its very possible

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #6
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

It is a legit claim, especially if he didn't know about reconnecting to the server like you did. We had a guy in our dynasty who didn't know that and had 18 restarts on one game. He was a straight up player and other had been having problems so we all understood. It's really hard to call people out on restarts given that things like that happen everyonce in a while. I mean only the comish can see that others are playing and I doubt that you want to babysit everytime someone is playing a game.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 09-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

it does happen plus his connection may not be that high. Happened to me as i was winning a crazy game versus Tenn.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

It isnt really a rule in our OD but if someone's game freezes or loses connection they call a league member to look at the score on xbox live to show that they are winning before they exit the game. If no one can be reached they usually take a picture of the score with their phone and send it.

No one has had a restart/freeze in a game that they have been losing against the cpu yet so we havnt had to deal with that.

I have not been able to connect at the end of games a few times but the work around to reconnect has always worked. I have had 2 freezes that i had to call people so they could see i was blowing the teams out before the restart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »