Home

Is CPU QB INTS Fixable???

This is a discussion on Is CPU QB INTS Fixable??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 09:58 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Is CPU QB INTS Fixable???

Sup guys

Been a while since posting, been doing alot of NHL, NCAA, and not alot of posting. But I have a question for anyone here that may know or if OMT can chime in on this.

It seems one of the biggest issue some of use dynasty players are having is getting the CPU QB to not throw so many INTs. I know there is plenty of slider sets out there that do everything to stop this but it remains a problem across all sliders.

Reason being that once the CPU throws it first INT. He gets rattled and will throw 2-3 more in a matter of a quarter or two. Watching Tebow throw 5 INTs with human defensive AWAR at ZERO really shows that it is not a slider issue. Now I would not play with human def AWAR at zero because it totally messes up pursuit angles. But it is a good point to show that the CPU QB decision making is the problem. They will make perfect reads then out of no-where throw up big lobs in triple coverage.

My question is, is this fixable by rating adjustments?? Or is this a problem we will be forced to just "live with" this year??

Later guys
PHOBIA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Is CPU QB INTS Fixable???

Every slider set I have tried hasn't fixed this problem. There may be a rare game where the CPU throws no picks but the norm for all my games has probally been 3-4 ints for the cpu with at least one being a pick six.

To put it bluntly the cpu qb ai blows. They force into short coverage, don't ever throw it away and then my favorite of all is when you bring a blitz and the cpu decides they are going to throw it as soon as they get the snap into coverage. They won't hold onto the ball for the most part.

Then again I guess it evens out with the o-line treating the d-line like rag dolls most of the time.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 09-30-2008, 01:12 PM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The cpu QB throws too many on AA and I don't think sliders help enough. You won't have this problem on Heisman although other problems may pop up for you.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
MVP

^^Heisman just doesn't play right. Also I have seen some pretty bad picks thrown by the cpu playing on Heisman too along with the non-existant pass rush and robo qb at times. I don't think the problem lies in the difficulty level, the qb ai is simply jacked up.

All you have to do is look at their read progression. Completely backwards.

Last edited by mgoblue678; 09-30-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:34 PM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
^^Heisman just doesn't play right. Also I have seen some pretty bad picks thrown by the cpu playing on Heisman too along with the non-existant pass rush and robo qb at times. I don't think the problem lies in the difficulty level, the qb ai is simply jacked up.

All you have to do is look at their read progression. Completely backwards.
Heisman certainly has other issues but after playing a lot on both AA and Heisman I have seen that the cpu QB throws far less picks than on AA. I can't go back to AA. You do have to make a bunch of adjustments. What sliders are you using on AA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
MVP

therizing02's Arena

I have had no problems with this on any setting. I think the main reason why is because I changed my controller configuration.

I'm not sure if you user int. or swat, but I always try to break up the pass via Hit stick or Swat. The default controller setting has Catch associated to the Y button. I changed the configuration so that Y is now Swat.

What normally happens is when the ball is approaching the receiver I'm simultaneously pressing the player switch button (B) and Swat resulting in more incompletions and less INTs.

The INT numbers are very realistic in my games.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #7
MVP

Currently I am using my own sliders that I based off of some sets here , may not stick with them but the last game I played was pretty realistic.

Offense Human/CPU
40/45
0/0
10/10
50/80
50/100

Defense
40/80
100/100
0/0
50/70
50/60

Special teams-I have accuracy and power low for both me and the cpu on field goals and power on kickoffs and punts at 60.

Old 09-30-2008, 01:52 PM   #8
Pro

jmill703's Arena

OVR: 6

The INT bug has been a problem since I opened this game. This gives me the most trouble with my dynasty. I use AA sliders in my Arizona dynasty. On any given game I play I'm liable to get atleast 2-4 picks a game by my defense. I've only user picked like 2 times out of about 20 dynasty games. Its pretty pathetic. After my first season in my dynasty 3 of my DB's were named All-Americans. If anyone finds a fix for this let me know...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »