Home

What Defensive Playbook Do You Use

This is a discussion on What Defensive Playbook Do You Use within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 03:18 PM   #9
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: What Defensive Playbook Do You Use

3-4 defense all the way here.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:18 PM   #10
Rookie

tarheel2069's Arena

OVR: 2

I like the Multiple D.

It creates alot of exotic blitzes. They never reach the QB but sometimes it screws up the running play and sometimes makes the QB throw quickly.

Ive also had more luck stopping the run with more linebackers vs more D-Linemen.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:42 PM   #11
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

I play with the 3-3-5 stack but it truly fails if you don't have a good linebacker since the dline doesn't apply enough pressure, I usually send a line backer to prove ample more.

Being a lazy gamer is one thing but being lazy at gaming is another.
On ODogg's and Stewaat's insincere laziness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 03:50 PM   #12
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

depends on the opponent. but its usually a 3-3-5 or a 4-2-5. and i run alot of 4-4 split defense on human and cpu. i can set up a cover 1 that has everyone covered and shuts down the run while only rushing 2 defenders. im in 5 od and have the number 1 or 2 pass and rush d in all of them.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:51 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
Man, that is probably my most difficult position to recruit. Even guys that are 2 and 3* go to places like Toledo or Akron instead of the U. I end up having to move ATHs or CBs over there.
yeah, as you saw in my other post I am likely going to recruit ATH to play this position or move my backup FS into this position as I simply can't recruit great SS.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:52 PM   #14
Rookie

nflman2033's Arena

OVR: 1

3-3-5, even post patch the cpu loves to throw the ball alot, and having the extra DB out there as a base set helps a bit, also Pass rush was always an issue and 3-3-5 allows me to bring heat from a lot of different places but still have enough guys in coverage. My SS is the #1 most important player, he needs to be good enough to tackle in space, Fast enough to keep up with a WR, and strong enough to blitz the QB. as a die hard 4-3 guy i made the move this year, i have a hard time using any other playbook now.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:03 PM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

3-4. I have more fun running the various blitzes with my LBs out of the 3-4 than the 4-3. Plus I like playing as ILBs.

I started my dynasty off with the 4-3 but once I recruited enough LBs I switched to the 3-4. I've run the multiple-D formation in the past but I don't like the lack of 3-4 sets in it. It is nice if you have a bunch of good DL and LBs in order to give more guys time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 03:20 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

I use the 3-4. In my last season in my OLD I had Oregon with an 81 OVR defense and only gave up more than 17 points 3 times (on heisman level). The only time I really had trouble was in the Champ game against another user using Florida, because his guys were just way too fast for mine. But it seems to give you a good balance between run and pass. The 3-3-5 and 4-2-5 give up a little too much on the running game in the middle if you're playing a team with a good OL, but they are great at containing someone running to the outside a lot, and they destroy the option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »