Home

I wish we could watch other OD league games...

This is a discussion on I wish we could watch other OD league games... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 08:25 PM   #9
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I wish we could watch other OD league games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
They are talking about actually following the game as it goes along, not just the score.

If EA was smart, they could get a sponsor for it, and make some money selling advertising space or something. Because hell, you would have a captive audience of people in your core demographic. Seems obvious to me.
Great point!! How awesome would it be if they made a vantage point from the stands like you were a fan? You could be in the big house with 100,000 screaming lunatics. That would be insane.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:04 PM   #10
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddlex
Great point!! How awesome would it be if they made a vantage point from the stands like you were a fan? You could be in the big house with 100,000 screaming lunatics. That would be insane.
A broadcast view would definately be sweet. Where you could watch it from the same angle as real games on TV!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #11
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

the problem with adding a spectator mode would be network performance. people already complain about there being lag with EA games, this would only compound it.

I would love for there to be at the very least some sort of ESPN gamecast-like view where you can see the supersim screen and see the results of each play as if you were super simming a game. and on the side some player/game stats. but ultimately, a spetactor mode would be fun to have.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #12
Pro

kiddlex's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
the problem with adding a spectator mode would be network performance. people already complain about there being lag with EA games, this would only compound it.

I would love for there to be at the very least some sort of ESPN gamecast-like view where you can see the supersim screen and see the results of each play as if you were super simming a game. and on the side some player/game stats. but ultimately, a spetactor mode would be fun to have.
I don't buy any network excuses from EA. COD4 had almost no issues with 8v8. I mean how does activision do it but Ea cannot?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:26 PM   #13
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddlex
I don't buy any network excuses from EA. COD4 had almost no issues with 8v8. I mean how does activision do it but Ea cannot?
there different types of games, can't really compare them. on top of that EA uses their own servers on top of the MS servers(which is why you have to log into both EA and xbox live servers), while i believe COD4 goes through MS servers. in the end both are peer-to-peer games and really dependent on who is the host.

COD4 does have a good net code though, but it wasn't always that way in the series, CoD 2 was terrible at first.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-01-2008, 11:17 PM   #14
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice

One could potentially have the spectator game broadcast run one play behind the actual game, and use a modified version of the EA Sports highlights system for spectators to watch the game play-by-play.

One idea, anyway.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:10 AM   #15
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
One could potentially have the spectator game broadcast run one play behind the actual game, and use a modified version of the EA Sports highlights system for spectators to watch the game play-by-play.

One idea, anyway.
Thats a good idea it would help with lag issues

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2008, 05:38 AM   #16
Light up the Trop in '12

djcorrosive's Arena

OVR: 18

Why not just have a system that records the game and them makes them available for download? That way you could watch them when you want, and eliminate lag issues. Make it subscription based to cover the cost of space. I'd be willing to pay a small fee for something like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »