Home

OMT can 2010 include ratings editor??

This is a discussion on OMT can 2010 include ratings editor?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
OMT can 2010 include ratings editor??

Hey OMT

Got a question I wonder if you can see if we can get something included in the game where not only can we edit names, postions, equipment, ect.

BUT a Ratings editor. Now sure we can go in and edit each person 1 by 1 but this gets very very time consuming and is pretty hard to deal with by yourself doing edits.

A global editor would be HUGE. EXAMPE:Say like this year we are having problems with CPU QB's throwing to many INTs. If we had a editor we could go in and select QB's then select the rating of AWARNESS then select NCAA or SEC(you get my point, all players, conferences, teams, or single players), ect ect and choose to bump all awarness ratings up by 20 points.

Then we could go in select Cornerbacks, then Catch ratings, then NCAA and bump all the catch ratings down say 25 points.

Then this fixes the issue of sliders only being able to fix so much and having things we can't fix but are stuck with. Global edits would be huge for the community for fixing problems that sliders don't help.

Please any info if this is possible would be GREATLY helpful.

Last edited by Phobia; 09-30-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: OMT can 2010 include ratings editor??

You also need to be able to edit anything in dynasty as well so if the AI bones it depth chart, you can fix it, etc.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
You also need to be able to edit anything in dynasty as well so if the AI bones it depth chart, you can fix it, etc.
Good idea, I hear what you saying for sure.

See we can edit players now but it forces use 1 by 1 by 1 by 1 and on and on and on. Takes a year to do edits across a single team much-less the entire NCAA.

If we could do global edits we could fix bigger issues with the game.

Another example would be the BALL CARRIER VISION ratings. We all see how the CPU run game is pretty bad and is because of the poor vision by the ball carriers. Running out of bounds juking ghosts ect.

If we had a editor we could bump globally that ratings up across the entire NCAA 10, 20, 30 ect points and see if this helps fix the issue.

The main reason I played madden on PC was because of the global editors. You could adjust everything from draft classes to in game team in a matter of minutes. On consoles it is a act of god to do edits how it is implemented now.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:40 PM   #4
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Definitely, we should be able to edit anything we want in Dynasty mode.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:29 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

Agreed, if the computer can't manage it's roster and depth chart wisely we should be able to do it for them.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 09:19 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Bump for OMT to see.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:49 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Bump for OMT to see.
I would think lump this and all the other dynasty issues together and send to OMT via email or PM. Or if anyone has his ear- have them do it. Its a good idea obviously.

The positions should just have a checksum to make sure they have enough. We shouldn't have to check whether Michigan has 6 RT and only 1 LT. The CPU should run this checksum at the change position screen at minimum. It really should check it every week so the recruiting is better but at least once a season.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:31 PM   #8
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Hey OMT

Got a question I wonder if you can see if we can get something included in the game where not only can we edit names, postions, equipment, ect.

BUT a Ratings editor. Now sure we can go in and edit each person 1 by 1 but this gets very very time consuming and is pretty hard to deal with by yourself doing edits.

A global editor would be HUGE. EXAMPE:Say like this year we are having problems with CPU QB's throwing to many INTs. If we had a editor we could go in and select QB's then select the rating of AWARNESS then select NCAA or SEC(you get my point, all players, conferences, teams, or single players), ect ect and choose to bump all awarness ratings up by 20 points.

Then we could go in select Cornerbacks, then Catch ratings, then NCAA and bump all the catch ratings down say 25 points.

Then this fixes the issue of sliders only being able to fix so much and having things we can't fix but are stuck with. Global edits would be huge for the community for fixing problems that sliders don't help.

Please any info if this is possible would be GREATLY helpful.
I wonder if the current ratings system would be able to handle bumps for ratings. If you bumped everyone's Ball Carrier vision by 20 points, what would happen to a guy who already has a 95? He has to play as a 115? I feel like the current rating system would also have to be altered which could be difficult.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »