Home

What needs to change. Very long.

This is a discussion on What needs to change. Very long. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: What needs to change. Very long.

were you injured at the end of the last game? if you guy has 1,000,000 TDs in a season but gets hurt at the very end, he suddenly becomes ineligible for the trophy.

If its in the game, its in the game!

Plus, this is probably how they keep the heisman voting "WIDE OPEN" to match the game play.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #10
Banned

ncthompson11's Arena

OVR: 4

we need the ability to recruit underclassman.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5
Icon14 Re: What needs to change. Very long.

Great post!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #12
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJL22
Maybe something else, but to have every single 4 star start at roughly 76 and increase 4 points a season until they are a 92 their senior year is just dumb.

This game really gets boring when the top 50 teams are all B or B+.
so are you saying you want more "elite" players? or less? not every team can stack their team like USC.

Quote:
- Recruiting is too tedious. Make it faster without having to let the God awful AI control it(NO I DO NOT WANT 12 FULLBACKS.)

- In general, the old 2005ish version of recruiting was much more fun then the current version. Just too much work trying to guess and find poorly displayed information.
i actually like the newer recruiting better than the old-gen recruiting, with the exception of the CPU recruiting AI that is. you can use the quick call. I never thought the recruiting was too tedious, doesn't take that long.

Quote:
- MAKE INFORMATION EASIER TO FIND. If I'm looking for players who have my team number one on their list so I can find potential instant commits, why do I have to click through 4 tabs and then go through the horribly slow right stick scroll down the list? Why not make the initial screens stats show everything?
there is a recruit search feature where you can search for only the players that have you #1, top 3, etc... and theres alot more filters you can search by as well.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-03-2008, 05:52 PM   #13
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

^^^Finally...I didn't think anyone had any common sense
Old 10-03-2008, 06:07 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
so are you saying you want more "elite" players? or less? not every team can stack their team like USC.
I think he's more or less speaking of the "static" recruiting.

A ***** goes in at 80-84, increases to 88, then 93, then 97 then 99. This is true for pretty much every ***** unless you play with said character heavily and then they get to 99 fast.

I'd rather see some sort of randomness. Maybe throw an ADs every few years who comes in at 94 and a few *****s who just suck. Maybe a *** CB is an 82 coming in. Maybe a **** comes in at 78, gains, moves to an 80, then a 79, then an 87. Instead, every player progresses the same more or less.

I like the idea of position leans. Maybe pull some Marshall Faulk stuff where a **** safety may prefer to go to a lower tier school to play RB. I've also been on the JUCO thing for a while. It really irritates me that ***** JUCOs come in at 82. The top JUCOs should be high 80s/90s. Right now, JUCOs are worthless.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #15
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
I think he's more or less speaking of the "static" recruiting.

A ***** goes in at 80-84, increases to 88, then 93, then 97 then 99. This is true for pretty much every ***** unless you play with said character heavily and then they get to 99 fast.

I'd rather see some sort of randomness. Maybe throw an ADs every few years who comes in at 94 and a few *****s who just suck. Maybe a *** CB is an 82 coming in. Maybe a **** comes in at 78, gains, moves to an 80, then a 79, then an 87. Instead, every player progresses the same more or less.

I like the idea of position leans. Maybe pull some Marshall Faulk stuff where a **** safety may prefer to go to a lower tier school to play RB. I've also been on the JUCO thing for a while. It really irritates me that ***** JUCOs come in at 82. The top JUCOs should be high 80s/90s. Right now, JUCOs are worthless.
i see, i agree on that. i wasn't sure where he was going on that one.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice

i actually like the newer recruiting better than the old-gen recruiting, with the exception of the CPU recruiting AI that is. you can use the quick call. I never thought the recruiting was too tedious, doesn't take that long.

there is a recruit search feature where you can search for only the players that have you #1, top 3, etc... and theres alot more filters you can search by as well.
When you are playing every game recruiting is decent. But when you sim it then you just either quit because you are overwhelmed with micro management or give up because the computer sucks at it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »