Home

Heisman is not made for online

This is a discussion on Heisman is not made for online within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2008, 09:34 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Heisman is not made for online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
true. but if have....lets say florida and send percy harvin on a streak against cover 1 and lets say a ss from lsu with 91 speed. if the ss is on the left hash and the ball is thrown to percy on the right sideline....do u think he should be able to catch up to that pass? i dont...not one bit.

on AA if ur out of place on d u pay for it. on heisman the words big and play are never used in the same sentence unless u play someone who completely sucks. the slowest dbs and linebackers are godike on heisman when playing the cpu or in a zone coverage against a human.

on AA the players actualy "blink". which in real life has all to do with u bein in place or not. on heisman the entire d have the eyelids snipped. its no way a lb turned inside can turn around, run and swat a high bullet pass 6 or 7 yards behind him.

if u can get me a video clip of a lb doin it i'll shut up, but until then i will forever say heisman is unreal
Young, I don't know what to tell ya man. I play on heisman and I don't allow anyone on my team with over 90 speed on offense and I still break every passing record there is on this game. With a Harvin type (first OD I did we didn't limit speed of WRs) I was going to break every WR record for a season by week THREE of the season! The speed cheat for the CPU D simply does NOT exist this year. If anything there is a WR speed cheat which enables him to catch over thrown balls. I have CPU AWR HIGH and knockdowns HIGHER and still it doesn't exist. I am going WAY out of my way to handcuff my offense in an attempt to try to keep the CPU in the game. I would have no idea what I would do on AA level to try to keep the CPU in the game as I think it would be totally impossible. Perhaps house rule that I can only throw INTO coverage or something....
Old 10-03-2008, 10:15 AM   #18
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Because the cpu offense on AA is ineffective. Heisman has its issues but I prefer those issues over the AA ones.
HUH??? The CPU offense on Heisman is affective? I beg to differ. Even with sliders the CPU offense can't pass the ball on Heisman. I beat Florida 80-0 on AA and 72-0 on Heisman. What's the difference.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #19
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
if you are a guy who hate dynasties, which you do, then it doesn't matter at all. I like heisman more because of the challenge when playing elite CPU teams.
I like human vs. human dynasties. They are great as long as you don't play Heisman and you fix some of the sliders to make the game better on AA.

AA with sliders just plays better against the CPU or Humans.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
HUH??? The CPU offense on Heisman is affective? I beg to differ. Even with sliders the CPU offense can't pass the ball on Heisman. I beat Florida 80-0 on AA and 72-0 on Heisman. What's the difference.
You are the only person I've ever heard say that about the cpu passing attack on Heisman. Most people complain about how overly effective the cpu passing attack on Heisman is, not the other way around. The cpu passing attack is plenty effective on Heisman for me.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #21
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
You are the only person I've ever heard say that about the cpu passing attack on Heisman. Most people complain about how overly effective the cpu passing attack on Heisman is, not the other way around. The cpu passing attack is plenty effective on Heisman for me.

Play BnR Man and send 6 at the QB. You if you have stick skill you will pick off at least 5 passes during the game.

Passing is easy to stop on Heisman.

Last edited by heavy_hitter; 10-03-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Play BnR Man and send 6 at the QB. You if you have stick skill you will pick off at least 5 passes during the game.

Passing is easy to stop on Heisman.
My stick skills against the pass are terrible. I don't switch defenders and my strafing skills are lousy. I usually play as a LB and try to cover RBs out of the backfield so I don't have these problems.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 17

its all relative to your stick skills of course. personally, i need the robo QB and the little bit of CPU cheesing that they do on heisman to compensate for the total lack of AI in the game. game still ends up being FAR easier then it should but that is solely due to horrible AI. with my stick skills and sliders, if a HUMAN was calling the plays for the CPU I would lose to teams that I should beat. However, in a 4 quarter game, I can pretty much bank on the CPU imploding on themself at some point blowing them out.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #24
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
its all relative to your stick skills of course. personally, i need the robo QB and the little bit of CPU cheesing that they do on heisman to compensate for the total lack of AI in the game. game still ends up being FAR easier then it should but that is solely due to horrible AI. with my stick skills and sliders, if a HUMAN was calling the plays for the CPU I would lose to teams that I should beat. However, in a 4 quarter game, I can pretty much bank on the CPU imploding on themself at some point blowing them out.
I don't understand what is with people going more than 5 minute quarters on Heisman. So many 6 minute quarter dynasties.

Having a discussion on another board about gamers now and just 5 years ago. Playing NCAA used to be really competitive on the PS2. On Next Generation Systems, people are HORRIBLE. Just about everyone on the board agrees that the next gen gamers are bad. No offense, but I just don't understand how people can be as bad as they are at this game. My online record is gaudy. 5 years ago there is no way I would have this type of record.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »