Home

WR's @ FB Cheese or Legit?

This is a discussion on WR's @ FB Cheese or Legit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #17
Rookie

SevenArmz's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: WR's @ FB Cheese or Legit?

Yeah i got a guy in my dynasty who has UGA. He had a game where Goodman had 43 rec on 6min qtrs. He finish the year with like 100+ rec, and over 2000yds rec. That particular game he completed 10 other passes to various other players. I was upset because there is no way in life you catch 43 passes. I know part of this is CPU AI no adjusting cause you would never get that against a human. He also discovered that you can drop back 20 to 30yds with Stafford and throw 70yd bombs to Goodman who can out run 2 and 3 deep zones. Thats cheesy to me. But hey, he is going to play at least 5 human opp when i set the schedule next year. Oh and i almost forgot, the guy in my league that did win the Heisman, was Smith from Arkansas, HB had 100+ rec but only 200yds rush?
UNC Basketball - 1957, 1982, 1993, 2005, 2009
NY Mets - 1969, 1986
Old 10-02-2008, 11:53 AM   #18
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

If anyone puts a WR or speed HB at FB they are cheezing. Every now and then I'll put a power HB at FB on the package sub when I need a yard on 3rd down. I also run the Shotgun split with dual-HB's as well. That seems realistic to me.

Here's another question I have for everyone. I use Ole Miss(obviously) and we run that WildCat formation a lot with McCluster, who is a WR. Our online dynasty prohibits user catch on offense and any play where you pass or handoff and a WR has the option of throwing. Would you all consider putting McCluster, who really lines up as a QB in the formation 8-12 snaps a game, or a HB at QB in the package-which also happens...would you all consider that cheese? I'm going to bring it up with my guys in the dynasty but I don't want folks going crazy with it.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:55 AM   #19
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

I know that all of you are saying its cheese and I do agree with it, but there is that formation sub that has WR at HB or FB. Actually, there are several of them. Especially out of the shotgun. A lot of teams run with this occassionally, besides Florida and Mizzou. But, they don't run it as much as these teams. It is something that will become a little more prevalent in the spread game, especially for pass heavy schools.
So, I can get where this guy is doing it, but if he is doing it on every play and running up the score, you were justified in leaving, but you should of kicked him out. I mean, he's still gonna do it to others.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:05 PM   #20
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone2117
I know that all of you are saying its cheese and I do agree with it, but there is that formation sub that has WR at HB or FB. Actually, there are several of them. Especially out of the shotgun. A lot of teams run with this occassionally, besides Florida and Mizzou. But, they don't run it as much as these teams. It is something that will become a little more prevalent in the spread game, especially for pass heavy schools.
So, I can get where this guy is doing it, but if he is doing it on every play and running up the score, you were justified in leaving, but you should of kicked him out. I mean, he's still gonna do it to others.
True, I meant to add that WR at FB in the I-Form, or strong or weak is BS Cheese. In spread's it's really not that big of a deal. That's totally unconventional.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #21
Rookie

IMBOSSY's Arena

OVR: 4

This is exactly my train of thought. If it's out of the shotgun, and your not doing it on some glitched non-coverable route, then it is completely fine. Inpsectah twists the facts. Not to mention it was one play, for 15 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 12:39 PM   #22
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBOSSY
This is exactly my train of thought. If it's out of the shotgun, and your not doing it on some glitched non-coverable route, then it is completely fine. Inpsectah twists the facts. Not to mention it was one play, for 15 yards.
Some people complain about throwing to RB's too much. I hardly ever intend to throw to a back unless it's on the goal-line or I check into a play-action when I read blitz. However, when I run the shotgun with split-backs(which I love) and they are in man and/or blitz and the flats are the only thing open then I throw there. It's normally a progression thing where that's what I have. I've never had anyone complain about me doing it too much but I've seen where some do complain. Throwing the HB Screen in excess bothers me but I'm learning to deal with it.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:43 PM   #23
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

So is it cheese to put Harvin at RB in the spread and run the option with him and Tebow?

Boise St. out-cheesed LA Tech last night by putting a WR in at FB and running a wide open wheel route to him.

As long as it's not the same couple plays/routes run over and over, this sounds fair to me.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #24
Pro

JoshCA916's Arena

OVR: 17

I can go both ways on this, i do agree people finding out how to take adv. of the cpu ai is cheese and in this game thats what it is because you are trying to make a miss match that you cant see a sub coming in for and if its a man d you are running, no way is a LB going to cover a guy with 93-99 speed on any route

As for the other side if it shows that you are bringing in 5 wr's then the d can bring in 5 or 6 DB's to cover that and run with them, but if it still shows 2 RB's and say 2 WR's 1TE someone my run a 4-3 or 3-4 but in reality you have 4 WR's and you are taking adv. of that, teams run it in real life but you can see who is running out on the field and make that adjustment

Even in a zone a LB can't get to a flat route before a very fast WR lined up at RB, if its a cover 2 then you are ok because you have the CB taking that away, but as i said real life is different finding a miss match is the main goal in football, but the game doesnt play as real life and everyone knows D isn't the best thing in this game, it does take a while to learn to play but in no way does it come close to represent the way real D is played in college football

Last edited by JoshCA916; 10-02-2008 at 12:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »