Home

WR's @ FB Cheese or Legit?

This is a discussion on WR's @ FB Cheese or Legit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #25
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: WR's @ FB Cheese or Legit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
So is it cheese to put Harvin at RB in the spread and run the option with him and Tebow?

Boise St. out-cheesed LA Tech last night by putting a WR in at FB and running a wide open wheel route to him.

As long as it's not the same couple plays/routes run over and over, this sounds fair to me.
I think it's fine especially since it's something that happens. Spreads are different and Harvin carries the ball a lot and is good at it. Going into the Ole Miss game he was averaging 13 yards per carry, or it was per touch, can't remember. That's what I was wondering as well since McCluster scored on a 30+ yd run out of the WildCat lined up as the QB.

The horrible online cheesers ruin it but going for it every fourth down, no huddle all the time etc. But like heavy hitter said, it should be easy to stop eventually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 12:54 PM   #26
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I definitely don't think there's anything wrong with using McCluster in the Wildcat--it happens every week and those aren't exactly money plays.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #27
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

I just wanted to add that it is hard to believe any one on here, so I don't know who is right or what happened. I posted before your rebuttal. Sorry.
But seriously, if you can run these formations by sub, or if it is something like the Wildcat formation, then why would it be cheese. I do run with Ole Miss in my 12 team dynasty and use the Wildcat formation in the third quarter. I usally run a set of plays with the different plays involved in it. I usually PA pass, then run, then trick play. It really hasn't helped my score, but it does give me good field position, usually.
As far as putting the WR in the backfield, I'll admit, I do it with Ole Miss and Illinois. But if I do it, I motion them out of the backfield to run their route. I never really run the ball with them, nor do I throw to the flats or screens. Someone said it right that progression reads sometimes force you to hit the underneath routes. It is not cheese if you have to take what is given to you. Plus, why put it in the air deep when you can take what yardage your guaranteed, with the possibility of breaking it?
Old 10-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #28
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
if you have a house rule that you can't run with the QB on pass plays how do you enforce that? IMO, its almost impossible to enforce house rules in this game unless you are playing head to head. I guess if you are all good with no one every having any chance of losing to the CPU then I would agree OD's are good. However, if you want to make those other CPU games matter with strict house rules, there is no way to enforce them at all.
It's not like that we try not to over police it with stuff like that. We have lots of mature guys who can take an CPU L. Hell one guy has lost 4 straight, our commish is 5-5 after starting 1-5. It's fun. But to each his own. There is a link the the blog site in my sig and you can check out the forum to see the rules, nothing to crazy.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 10-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

One thing that would be nice would be to have a feature in Online Dynasty where you could only use "Ask Corso" on offense. Then while those cheezy money plays might come up a few times a game, they wouldn't be available every play.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:12 PM   #30
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Going back to Ole Miss and McCluster, here's the question that might make folks think differently. McCluster is a WR so I'd have to put him 2nd in the depth chart at QB so I could use him in those formations. I think it's fine but I don't want anyone to think I abuse this since so many cheesers do it in excess.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:51 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 62

Here's how I see it, if you can move the player there through the formation subs in the game, then it's not cheese. So if you have a playbook where a WR can line up at HB, so be it. If you need to manipulate the depth chart to get the desired effect, that's cheesing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 03:00 PM   #32
Rookie

SevenArmz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Here's how I see it, if you can move the player there through the formation subs in the game, then it's not cheese. So if you have a playbook where a WR can line up at HB, so be it. If you need to manipulate the depth chart to get the desired effect, that's cheesing.
I agree.
UNC Basketball - 1957, 1982, 1993, 2005, 2009
NY Mets - 1969, 1986

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »