Home

WR's @ FB Cheese or Legit?

This is a discussion on WR's @ FB Cheese or Legit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: WR's @ FB Cheese or Legit?

^^^Oh ok, I misunderstood what you meant.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 10:52 PM   #42
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
^^^Oh ok, I misunderstood what you meant.
Yeah, then there's the spread flex formation and most of the shotgun formations that have an end-around option similar to what they do in the wildcat. But yeah, putting the WR 2nd at QB in the depth chart and find the backup qb in the package subs. Several of them even have a HB in place for the qb in some of the other shotgun formations.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:47 PM   #43
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBOSSY
That's also the way i see it. Also, using in excess is borderline cheesing. Yet, i got lectured on how "1000's of players know thats common sense cheesing" from inspectah...
Bossy your pathetic you would think you would have learned after your cheesing broke up two leagues. But your so full of it that you need to follow me onto another site and make up lies. The fact that your back into the two leagues is because I accepted that you would get your **** straight when Derrr asked me if I wanted you in there. After this **** I think it's clear you just don't get it.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:27 PM   #44
Rookie

IMBOSSY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectahDeck
Bossy your pathetic you would think you would have learned after your cheesing broke up two leagues. But your so full of it that you need to follow me onto another site and make up lies. The fact that your back into the two leagues is because I accepted that you would get your **** straight when Derrr asked me if I wanted you in there. After this **** I think it's clear you just don't get it.
Look, first i've been on this site. Second, I'm not interested in this argument anymore. These people have for the most part, agreed with me and do some of the same things. We've now established rules in the league and are going from there. It really doesn't impact my offense at all, and i don't care.

I've always stated that if we establish what is / isn't acceptable, then we can make that happen. Derr has posted what he thinks is fair, and i don't see anyone saying what he posted was unreasonable... so we'll play with those.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 5

I've never put WRs in the backfield before, but I often use the package that replaces the FB with RB2. This really wouldn't bother me at all. Too me, cheese is exploiting glitches in the game. Using unconventional strategies isn't cheese, that's just being creative. Players shouldn't be restricted to only using tactics that are the most common in real life football.

One caveat. Does the game still accurately signal to you the number of WR that your opponent is putting into the game? If he has 2 WRs lined up in conventional areas, and 2 more in the backfield, does the game indicate that he is putting 4 WRs on the field (right after he selects his play and before you select yours), or does it say 2? If it says 2, then maybe this is taking advantage of a shortcoming in the game. Otherwise, I don't think so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #46
Rookie

IMBOSSY's Arena

OVR: 4

It lists the WR as a RB.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 17

I think it should be everyone's goal to get every skilled position player on your team at 99 SPD, 99 ACC and 99 AGI, anything less is simply unacceptable!

at the beginning of the dynasty you should be able to alter the ratings of any/all players on your team that you want.

you should also be allowed to make 15 recruits per year for your team to recruit. locate them in your home state and make them all PUNTERS so you can easily get to them!
Old 10-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 62

No need for a punter, I usually one player handle both and just leave the other as wasted space.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »