Home

EA-Interceptions are killing this game, please help.

This is a discussion on EA-Interceptions are killing this game, please help. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

OVR: 2
Angry EA-Interceptions are killing this game, please help.

EA- The interceptions in this game are killing me!!! I have been playing NCAA football since this game came out years ago. Hell, I went out an bought a PS3 from a PS2 just to have the experiences playing NCAA Football. I am very well familiar with the way the sliders work in this game, I have been adjusting them since 01 or 02 (whenever this game came out for the ps2).

Last year I didn't even get my dynasty started due to the interceptions. I traded the game in and wasted my money. I tried to go back to the ps2 version, but couldn't get used to the graphical difference. This year is no different. I can't get my dynasty started because I can't get the CPU AI adjusted enough to where I minimize the HUMAN picks in this game. I have tried rthe AWR setting at 0, INT at 0. I have mainly played on the AA level. Heisman plays cheap in my opinion and Varsity seems to be too easy at times. I have tinkered with the penalty settings for defensive / offensive pass interference and am currently trying to see if this plays a role in the HUMAN interception game. I am averaging 3-6 picks a game, which is not realistic.

Does anyone out there have a penalty / slider setting that fixes this problem on AA. Or a fix all for that matter. Sorry for the long post, but I am venting. EA please listen to this INTERCEPTIONS RUIN THIS GAME!!

Thanks for the input in advance.

Last edited by buckeye cntry; 10-05-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: EA-Interceptions are killing this game, please help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye cntry
EA- The interceptions in this game are killing me!!! I have been playing NCAA football since this game came out years ago. Hell, I went out an bought a PS3 from a PS2 just to have the experiences playing NCAA Football. I am very well familiar with the way the sliders work in this game, I have been adjusting them since 01 or 02 (whenever this game came out for the ps2).

Last year I didn't even get my dynasty started due to the interceptions. I traded the game in and wasted my money. I tried to go back to the ps2 version, but couldn't get used to the graphical difference. This year is no different. I can't get my dynasty started because I can't get the CPU AI adjusted enough to where I minimize the HUMAN picks in this game. I have tried rthe AWR setting at 0, INT at 0. I have mainly played on the AA level. Heisman plays cheap in my opinion and Varsity seems to be too easy at times. I have tinkered with the penalty settings for defensive / offensive pass interference and am currently trying to see if this plays a role in the HUMAN interception game. I am averaging 3-6 picks a game, which is not realistic.

Does anyone out there have a penalty / slider setting that fixes this problem on AA. Or a fix all for that matter. Sorry for the long post, but I am venting. EA please listen to this INTERCEPTIONS RUIN THIS GAME!!

Thanks for the input in advance.
but knockdowns at 100 and int at 0. if ur still gettin too many picks then stop user picking

Old 10-05-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
but knockdowns at 100 and int at 0. if ur still gettin too many picks then stop user picking

I keep knockdowns at 100 and I control a DL. I noticed your using AA's sliders. Do you get good results (Low Int)?
Old 10-05-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye cntry
I keep knockdowns at 100 and I control a DL. I noticed your using AA's sliders. Do you get good results (Low Int)?
i do when i dont user pick, but its a hard habit to break. i started just swatting the ball when i have the lead to make it a little more fair

Old 10-05-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
MVP

AnybodyKilla's Arena

OVR: 12

Even during Campus Legend, controlling a LB say, you still see so many INTs.

Playing the game, I have 100/0 for knock/int and still see 3-5 a game. 1-2 of them are usually 70 yard TD ints.

It's pretty bad.
#9 Syracuse Orange!! (15-1)(3-0)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

not playing a DB and not switching to the player closest to the ball when the ball is in the air is the only thing left to do after you have the Knockdown/Ints sliders set to tone down Ints.

except maybe raise CPU QB ACC.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-05-2008, 05:06 PM   #7
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

I know there are theories out that say the penalty sliders affect the interceptions. Any truth to this? If so what is the theory?Does defensive pass interference at 100 make the DB's more aggressive or less?
Old 10-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

There is simply no way to get a realistic number of INTs. I'm a slider freak and CPU/CPU mode player, so believe that I've tried everything including penalty sliders.

I can't even play on CPU/CPU mode in this game because the games will average 3-4 INT's in a best case scenario. In user games, the CPU controlled players will still break into interception animations far too frequently.

If the interception animations didn't start as soon as defenders broke on the ball, then I'm sure there would be less interceptions. The flaw seems to be a fundamental game design one and not a slider related flaw and thus I don't see any way you're going to change it as a user.

Hopefully EA actually corrects this next year along with the myriad of other problems that prevent this from being a sim football game.

It's a football arcade game right now and I've just learned to take that with a grain of salt and a shot of tequila before I start playing these days. I have a slider set that provides me with a little entertainment and I've started to SuperSim portions of games just so the CPU has a chance to beat me and put me in challenging situations. There are creative ways around the problems in the game if you're willing to sacrifice the feeling of "ownership" over the games and your team.

The best way to reduce INTs as a user if you want to play the entire game is to only control defensive linemen and never drop into pass coverage. Do not switch your players on defense after the snap (simple in concept, ridiculously difficult to control the impulse in reality).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »