Home

A Way To Make Rivals?

This is a discussion on A Way To Make Rivals? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
Rookie

dking_11's Arena

OVR: 2
A Way To Make Rivals?

I remember seeing Young J 334's sig. or something, saying how him [Hawai'i] and USC became rivals after 3 or 4 years?? I started a new dynasty with Vanderbilt, and with Virginia being one of the 8 states that border Tennessee, I wanted to play Virginia Tech annually the first game of the season alternating home and away each season.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but can I get these 2 schools to be rivals? Vanderbilt only has 2 rivals (Tenn. and Ole Miss) and I'm not sure about VTech, but seeing Young J talk about it, I wanted it to happen between them. A nice solid rivalry for me, SEC vs. ACC, so does anyone know if it's possible, and if it is, what needs to happen? Do I need to beat them 3x in a row, like Young J 334 did, or just keep playing them every year same time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 10:29 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: A Way To Make Rivals?

it was possible in NCAA '06 i believe, at least it was with a created school. but I've never seen it done on NCAA '07, '08, or '09 for 360.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-06-2008, 11:05 PM   #3
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dking_11
I remember seeing Young J 334's sig. or something, saying how him [Hawai'i] and USC became rivals after 3 or 4 years?? I started a new dynasty with Vanderbilt, and with Virginia being one of the 8 states that border Tennessee, I wanted to play Virginia Tech annually the first game of the season alternating home and away each season.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but can I get these 2 schools to be rivals? Vanderbilt only has 2 rivals (Tenn. and Ole Miss) and I'm not sure about VTech, but seeing Young J talk about it, I wanted it to happen between them. A nice solid rivalry for me, SEC vs. ACC, so does anyone know if it's possible, and if it is, what needs to happen? Do I need to beat them 3x in a row, like Young J 334 did, or just keep playing them every year same time?
after beating them twice in bowls i schedule myself to play them every year to give myself at least one good challenge during the season since my conference schedule is so weak. im trying to make it a rival tho

Old 10-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

I have never seen it done on next-gen. Really doubt its possible... Could be wrong tho. If not it would be a cool feature to have. After playing a team for several seasons with good games and starting a new rivalry.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:15 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

im in year 3 of my current dynasty with Wisconsin, first year i went to the NC game where USC was my opponent i beat them 27-24. second year i went to the Rose Bowl and USC was my opponent again, i lost that one big it was like 7-42... but i scheduled them as my last game this season, i doubt you can form a rivalry with a team but at least you can pretend..maybe

NCAA Football and Basketball
Tennessee Volunteers

A very fun football MMORPG - \/\/\/\/\/\/
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=23627433

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 06:31 PM   #6
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac52
im in year 3 of my current dynasty with Wisconsin, first year i went to the NC game where USC was my opponent i beat them 27-24. second year i went to the Rose Bowl and USC was my opponent again, i lost that one big it was like 7-42... but i scheduled them as my last game this season, i doubt you can form a rivalry with a team but at least you can pretend..maybe
yeah when it comes to creating rivalries I think pretend is all we have....

Old 10-07-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
Rookie

PittmanPla's Arena

eh...it's ok I guess. With Minny, I have enough rivals lol
Old 10-08-2008, 08:58 AM   #8
Rookie

That was a feature that create-a-school allowed and one of the reasons why I miss it.

awful demo - Lonnie1892
Quote:
Me no like game. Graphics make Lonnie puke. Lonnie no play NCAA no more. NCAA=suck. Lonnie=not suck. - AuburnAlumni

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »