Home

Is a challenge possible in this game?

This is a discussion on Is a challenge possible in this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2008, 07:41 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Is a challenge possible in this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
That's all good and well, and I mean if that does it for you, and you're ok with playing the game that way, that's fine. I'm not going to sit here and tell others how to play like some prefer to do on here.

But for me, that is just totally unacceptable. We have to eliminate half the game to give ourselves a challenge? Is that what we're saying? I mean my God where does it stop? Punting on 3rd down instead of 4th? Only throwing to 2 receivers? Only recruiting 3 star players?

I paid $60 for a FULL game, not to limit myself on what I can and can't do just because these guys can't create a CPU opponent competent enough to create a challenge.

But I guess I'm just a complainer, and I'm supposed to deal with it. Like I said before I guess this game is great for people who want to win every game by a ton of points and rack up stats, but seriously this stuff gets pretty boring when you just know you're going to win every game you play.

yea dude i totally agree, as does probably almost everyone on this forum...but you have to make do with what they give you, its not going to do any good complaining about it... you can try different slider sets and find one that suites you, and more than likely that will help, but there is no complete slider fix to make the game have close to a realistic outcome every time, and if you are blowing teams out everytime you play the game i really doubt that you are playing a difficult slider, because there are slider sets out there on heisman that can beat me horribly.

Should we have to use house rules and adjust sliders almost constantly?? hell no its ****ing ridiculous, but its all we got rite now and thats not gonna change until they **** up ncaa 2010.. which im sure they will

NCAA Football and Basketball
Tennessee Volunteers

A very fun football MMORPG - \/\/\/\/\/\/
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=23627433

Old 10-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 17

yeah, and don't get me wrong, I am NOT happy about what we have to do to get a good game and I did consider just quitting this game all together but in the end we have fun because we both love recruiting and we love college football. I am currently like the real life Ohio State buckeyes. I pretty much only lose 1 game per year and win most of my games pretty easily. i wish it was different but its not and there is no magic formula or slider set that is going to make you try as hard as you can to beat the CPU period. the CPU is stupid, end of story.

its bad enough that the cpu does play calling strictly by down/distance/random but the plays that they heavily biased to call are some of the WORST possible. its almost as if they purposely tried to make the cpu play calling easy to beat..... just baffling. wish i could house rule the CPU play calling. I would get a MUCH BETTER game.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:01 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Check out my post in the other thread...maybe it will challenge you...

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/272770-hardest-offensive-defensive-teams-play-2.html
Old 10-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
That's all good and well, and I mean if that does it for you, and you're ok with playing the game that way, that's fine. I'm not going to sit here and tell others how to play like some prefer to do on here.

But for me, that is just totally unacceptable. We have to eliminate half the game to give ourselves a challenge? Is that what we're saying? I mean my God where does it stop? Punting on 3rd down instead of 4th? Only throwing to 2 receivers? Only recruiting 3 star players?

I paid $60 for a FULL game, not to limit myself on what I can and can't do just because these guys can't create a CPU opponent competent enough to create a challenge.

But I guess I'm just a complainer, and I'm supposed to deal with it. Like I said before I guess this game is great for people who want to win every game by a ton of points and rack up stats, but seriously this stuff gets pretty boring when you just know you're going to win every game you play.
I agree. Extensive house rules kill the fun imo. If I find a money play, I simply don't use it but I'm thankful I'm an average gamer and find this game challenging.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree. Extensive house rules kill the fun imo. If I find a money play, I simply don't use it but I'm thankful I'm an average gamer and find this game challenging.
my biggest issue with this game is that i can't even run the offensive style that I was hoping to run because its completely broken against CPU play calling. Since the CPU is in love with both blitzing the CBs and putting their lessor players in bad man to man matchups as well as simply locking up their LBs against slot WRs 24/7, it makes running the true spread pointless because its way too easy. I feel that I have basically been forced into running the style of offense that I currently run (worst one possible IMO) which stinks. Oh well.. .if you have a buddy to play with that plays the same way and you enjoy recruiting (but even that seems to be getting messed up as our ratings in catagories keeps going down every year) its pretty fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2008, 09:25 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
My first game on Heisman using fist's sliders, only using the first 8 plays Corso suggests (on offense and defense,) never calling an audible, and only using a defensive linemen until the ball is caught. Same teams, ND vs. Purdue:

ND 24 Purdue 3

Clausen: 15-28 for 174 yds and 1 TD
Receiving: Tate 4-43yds, Grimes 4-38yds, Hughes 3-35yds, Rudolph 3-38yds, Yeatman 1-20yds
Rushing: Hughes - 27 rushes for 131yds

7 sacks on defense

Total yards: 319 to 259 for Purdue

Purdue rushing: 21 rushes for 54yds

The CPU offense is HORRIBLE in this game. Absolutely horrible.

There, have I been initiated now that I've played a game with these settings on Heisman? Is it now ok for me to voice my issues?
Adjust the sliders then. Put AI RBA to 90, AI QBA to 70, and Human Awareness down to 10 and tackling down to 25. Now go play and see if you are challenged.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:29 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Adjust the sliders then. Put AI RBA to 90, AI QBA to 70, and Human Awareness down to 10 and tackling down to 25. Now go play and see if you are challenged.
if you don't limit what you can do offensively there are no sliders to challenge. if you run the 4 WR sets with 3 WR to one side for example its game over regardless of sliders. you can throw to the inside slot WR all day long.

the key is to match up sliders with MASSIVE house rules until you dumb down your game to a level similar to the CPU's game if you want a challenge.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
if you don't limit what you can do offensively there are no sliders to challenge. if you run the 4 WR sets with 3 WR to one side for example its game over regardless of sliders. you can throw to the inside slot WR all day long.

the key is to match up sliders with MASSIVE house rules until you dumb down your game to a level similar to the CPU's game if you want a challenge.
Thats why you use ask Corso so you can''t use the same money play all day long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »