Home

NCAA 09 Legend help (PS3 version)

This is a discussion on NCAA 09 Legend help (PS3 version) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NCAA 09 Legend help (PS3 version)

I have NCAA Football 09 for the PS3, and I have a question about it.

When you're playing through Campus Legend, how do you get your player's stats to increase? I know that if you sign with a college where you are NOT the starter, as you practice you gain points. However, this doesn't seem to be the case when you play as a starter for a college team.

For example, when I played for WVU, I was 4th string. I worked my way up to first string, and as I worked my way up, I would see a screen at the end of some of the practices telling me my key attributes or whatnot went up. However, when I play for WSU, they put me in as a starter, and even after practicing every day for several weeks in a row, I don't receive the same message.

So what gives? How can I increase my player's stats, while still go to a college that puts me in as a starter immediately? Any help will be appreciated. I've tried practicing with the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
Rookie

PittmanPla's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA 09 Legend help (PS3 version)

I'm pretty sure they go up based on your performance in games(they did last year)
Old 10-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittmanPla
I'm pretty sure they go up based on your performance in games(they did last year)
They seem to do that as well. However, they also go up in practice when you go up from, say, 3rd string to 2nd string, and sometimes in between.

So do they not go up during practices if you're the starter?
Old 10-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #4
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticPhoenix
They seem to do that as well. However, they also go up in practice when you go up from, say, 3rd string to 2nd string, and sometimes in between.

So do they not go up during practices if you're the starter?
not til the end of the season. mid season the most i`ve gotten was an awr boost by 2 points although i led the ncaa in rushing yards, was 3rd in tds and 5th in carries. but at the end of the season ur skill moves like elusiveness, trucking, press, release, mcv, zcv, etc go up depending on how u play.

spd for some reason never increases so ur best bet is to start with a spd guy at wr and rb or a coverage guy on defense. agi, and accel usually go up by 2 points a year. catching goes up depending on how well u user catch. usually 2-4 points on O or D. and ur guy will gain roughly 2 pounds a year

Old 10-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
not til the end of the season. mid season the most i`ve gotten was an awr boost by 2 points although i led the ncaa in rushing yards, was 3rd in tds and 5th in carries. but at the end of the season ur skill moves like elusiveness, trucking, press, release, mcv, zcv, etc go up depending on how u play.

spd for some reason never increases so ur best bet is to start with a spd guy at wr and rb or a coverage guy on defense. agi, and accel usually go up by 2 points a year. catching goes up depending on how well u user catch. usually 2-4 points on O or D. and ur guy will gain roughly 2 pounds a year
To the quoted, that is simply not true. When I played through for WVU, as I went from 4th to 3rd string, and from 3rd to 2nd in the practices, I got a stat sheet that showed up saying that I increased certain stats, and speed was one of them.... pretty much every time. Usually these increases were by 3.

You've never had this happen? Do you always play as a starter? I've never seen that stat sheet come up at the end of practice when I've been a starter. It's only when I've been 2nd string or lower. Maybe this is to make up for the fact that you don't play, so you don't have the chance to increase your stats?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #6
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticPhoenix
To the quoted, that is simply not true. When I played through for WVU, as I went from 4th to 3rd string, and from 3rd to 2nd in the practices, I got a stat sheet that showed up saying that I increased certain stats, and speed was one of them.... pretty much every time. Usually these increases were by 3.

You've never had this happen? Do you always play as a starter? I've never seen that stat sheet come up at the end of practice when I've been a starter. It's only when I've been 2nd string or lower. Maybe this is to make up for the fact that you don't play, so you don't have the chance to increase your stats?

spd doesnt increase when ur a starter. it does as you work you're way up. i was a balance RB for texas. started out with 89 speed on second string. got moved up to first and got a 3 pt boost to put me at 92. i was at 92 spd til i graduated

Old 10-07-2008, 07:50 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
spd doesnt increase when ur a starter. it does as you work you're way up. i was a balance RB for texas. started out with 89 speed on second string. got moved up to first and got a 3 pt boost to put me at 92. i was at 92 spd til i graduated
Gotcha. That applies to practices too, doesn't it?
Old 10-07-2008, 08:07 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18

In mine if i go to the gym or something like that or one of the night time activities gave me spd increase by 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »