Home

Auburn playbook

This is a discussion on Auburn playbook within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Auburn playbook

Now that Auburn has canned their O Coordinator, what playbook do you think would be accurate for them to use? I know they used to run a lot of "smashmouth"/west coast hybrid stuff. It will be interesting to see how Tuberville brings that back.

I was thinking of maybe using Colorado or Pitt's playbook with them now. Or maybe even Michigan State.

Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Auburn playbook

It looks like Tubbs is still going to try and run some form of the spread:

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2008/10/...lins_dism.html

My Video Game Streams
Old 10-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike T.
Now that Auburn has canned their O Coordinator, what playbook do you think would be accurate for them to use? I know they used to run a lot of "smashmouth"/west coast hybrid stuff. It will be interesting to see how Tuberville brings that back.

I was thinking of maybe using Colorado or Pitt's playbook with them now. Or maybe even Michigan State.

Any thoughts?
PITT! they have lots of formations

Old 10-09-2008, 08:25 PM   #4
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

OVR: 9

I guess we will find out saturday
Old 10-09-2008, 10:21 PM   #5
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

i hope he does somethin!!! i mean damn. how do u have the number 2 scoring defense but also have 2 losses? its because ur offense is ranked 104th outta 120 teams. thats ridiculous. im a true blue n burnt orange fan and this year watchin them play has sickened me

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 05:37 AM   #6
Light up the Trop in '12

djcorrosive's Arena

OVR: 18

From everything that I've heard Tubbs is keeping the offense in tact, he just had personal issues with the O Coordinator. Think about it, why else would you fire a guy after only 2 losses when you've just implemented an entirely new offensive scheme? My guess is they well keep the same playbook. I realize their offense is horrible, but the spread isn't easy to just pick up and play. Look at how Michigan has been playing too, they jusy implemented the spread this year. It will take time for the offense to start clicking, but if they stick with it they will be much better off down the road, especially in the SEC.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #7
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcorrosive
From everything that I've heard Tubbs is keeping the offense in tact, he just had personal issues with the O Coordinator. Think about it, why else would you fire a guy after only 2 losses when you've just implemented an entirely new offensive scheme? My guess is they well keep the same playbook. I realize their offense is horrible, but the spread isn't easy to just pick up and play. Look at how Michigan has been playing too, they jusy implemented the spread this year. It will take time for the offense to start clicking, but if they stick with it they will be much better off down the road, especially in the SEC.
yeah cuz spread is a finesse offense. most sec teams just pound dat bitch out and beat ur guys up. but auburn doesnt have much speed on offense either. it takes speed to "spread" the field affectively. also it doesnt help matters if neither qb can throw the ball downfield to an open receiver

Old 10-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #8
Light up the Trop in '12

djcorrosive's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah, I really wouldn't expect a real turnaround until some recruits tailor picked for the spread start making the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
yeah cuz spread is a finesse offense. most sec teams just pound dat bitch out and beat ur guys up. but auburn doesnt have much speed on offense either. it takes speed to "spread" the field affectively. also it doesnt help matters if neither qb can throw the ball downfield to an open receiver

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »