Home

Penalty sliders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Penalty sliders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2008, 12:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Penalty sliders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TURN ALL PENALTIE SLIDERS TO ZERO AND PUT GAME PLAY SLIDERS AT DEFAULT 50 EXCEPT FOR SPECIAL TEAMS. MY FAMILIY MEMBER IS A DEVELOPER FOR A GAME COMPANY. SHE SAYS IT SEEMS LIKE THE GAMEPLAY IS TIED IN TO THE PENALTY SLIDERS. THEY CREAT A HALO OF DISTANCE AROUND EACH PLAYER AND IT ALSO HAS MAJOR BUGS. U HAVE TO TURN ALL PENALTYS TO ZERO. THE GAMES AI PLAYS JUST AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER AS 08. THE OL DL INTERACTION STILL SUCKS, ABOUT AS GOOD AS MADDEN 09. IM A HEISMAN USER PLAYER AND I NOW FEEL LIKE I HAVE A BRAND NEW GAME. TRY THIS GUYS AND GET BACK WITH ME WITH SOME STATS IF U CAN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2008, 01:16 PM   #2
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Penalty sliders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to turn your Caps Lock slider down to zero.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 10-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #3
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
You need to turn your Caps Lock slider down to zero.
Yeh, I can't read that either . Btw, there is a sliders section this would be appropriate for
Old 10-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Whya re you yelling at us. Seriously when I see something in all caps I picture someone screaming and can't even read it without getting a headache.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Whya re you yelling at us. Seriously when I see something in all caps I picture someone screaming and can't even read it without getting a headache.
I understand everyones problem with the caps but everyone posting about it over and over again is not going to give any info if this helps at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2008, 01:47 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I understand everyones problem with the caps but everyone posting about it over and over again is not going to give any info if this helps at all.
Dude, this was experimented on over a month ago. Some people say it works, others don't. I don't think it works. The theory behhind it is the AI doesn't want to get a penalty when you have the sliders raised so it won't aggressively do anything. When you turn them off, the AI goes balls out. I didn't see the difference. Others have.

But by that same token, I have seen the AI throw 6+ long passes against me and played nearly a flawless game before. I have also seen them run the cement shoe QB option for a loss 30 times in a game before.

If you truly want to test these, you'll have to play 10 full games with the sliders jacked up and 10 full games with them off under the same conditions or you just won't have a large enough of a sample size.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:37 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Dude, this was experimented on over a month ago. Some people say it works, others don't. I don't think it works. The theory behhind it is the AI doesn't want to get a penalty when you have the sliders raised so it won't aggressively do anything. When you turn them off, the AI goes balls out. I didn't see the difference. Others have.

But by that same token, I have seen the AI throw 6+ long passes against me and played nearly a flawless game before. I have also seen them run the cement shoe QB option for a loss 30 times in a game before.

If you truly want to test these, you'll have to play 10 full games with the sliders jacked up and 10 full games with them off under the same conditions or you just won't have a large enough of a sample size.
well how about this... i personally know for a FACT that turning down all the penalty sliders to zero and gameplay to the default, turn hfa off(it was overdone) that this will make players play off there ratings. I really cant tell u how i know but trust me. Since u r a veteran player, why dont u play 10 games with my settings and post the stats so it can be disproved.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
phobia, u seem like a reasonable person, if u would, play 5 games with my settings and post your stats up for each game. i would really appreciate it. thanks in advance for helping me put some haters to rest

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »