Home

So I get called a cheese because...

This is a discussion on So I get called a cheese because... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #33
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: So I get called a cheese because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
There are really leagues that are this way? All I can say is "WOW"! I thought part of playing and winning was having some stick skill.
the problem with switching on defense is that you'll end up getting 40+ ints a years, even with sliders. and on offense, throwing a deep pass jump ball and user catching is pretty much money against the CPU.

it also helps the WRs/DBs play more to their ratings. if thats even possible.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #34
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCarr89
This guy who made the thread posts multiple times in almost every thread in the forum. What else would you expect.
and by this you mean?

Old 10-13-2008, 11:34 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 17

the problem is that the AI is HORRIBLE. The difference between a HUMAN controlled player and a CPU controlled player is way too far apart! This is pathetic IMO since there should be NO WAY to control a player better then the system itself. The code is simply HORRIBLE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 04:24 PM   #36
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
the problem with switching on defense is that you'll end up getting 40+ ints a years, even with sliders. and on offense, throwing a deep pass jump ball and user catching is pretty much money against the CPU.

it also helps the WRs/DBs play more to their ratings. if thats even possible.
And?

So you take away the fun of the game by not being able to USER anything? That is stupid. So what if you get 40 int's in a year. It is a stupid video game.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:09 PM   #37
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
And?

So you take away the fun of the game by not being able to USER anything? That is stupid. So what if you get 40 int's in a year. It is a stupid video game.
no one said you have to do it. i don't see the fun of beating the CPU 100-0 every game like you can if you user catch everything. to each their own. the real problem is the AI. if it wasn't so bad, you wouldn't have to do things like that. but seeing a DB with 30-40 Ints in a season is just stupid and unrealistic.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-14-2008, 02:16 AM   #38
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
There are really leagues that are this way? All I can say is "WOW"! I thought part of playing and winning was having some stick skill.
My league is that way and no one has complained about it. I frankly find the game more enjoyable that way then the two leagues i am in that you can do that.

With that rule not only do you see less picks but you seen the passing game open up more which means you also see more normal defensive plays. Ie people not play 5-2 on pass plays, playing the DL tight all game, etc, etc.

Also, the ratings of the receivers and DB come more into play rather than just whether they are fast or not. Its much more of a thinking mans game with this rule in my opinion.

As for stick skills- you still have everything else. The running, the QB control, the after the catch stuff. You can even control a DB in the league- just cannot switch off of him while the ball is in the air. So the difference is you need to understand the game better with these rules rather than who can do the same thing with the WR/DB sticks better.

I am not knocking your preference but there are others ways to enjoy the game and frankly it makes the game tougher. I am speaking mainly about the DB control, i don't mind the receiver catch myself even though i don't use it.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 10-14-2008 at 02:22 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:36 AM   #39
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think some people are really missing the point when they have called Young 334 a cheeser. Cheese is exploiting flaws in the gameplay by using money plays, playing players in different positions they shouldn't be, etc. I don't think it's fair to say Young334 is cheesing because he is 46-0 with Hawaii (quite a few people have attacked Young in other threads as well).

I do think it's fair to say that Young is playing on too easy of a difficulty setting. Even with playing in a weaker conference, you should lose a game at least once in awhile. I would suggest tweaking the sliders to make it more difficult or make the jump to Heisman difficulty level. But if you are enjoying the game the way it is, then don't change a thing.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:25 AM   #40
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971

With that rule not only do you see less picks but you seen the passing game open up more which means you also see more normal defensive plays. Ie people not play 5-2 on pass plays, playing the DL tight all game, etc, etc.

Also, the ratings of the receivers and DB come more into play rather than just whether they are fast or not. Its much more of a thinking mans game with this rule in my opinion.

As for stick skills- you still have everything else. The running, the QB control, the after the catch stuff. You can even control a DB in the league- just cannot switch off of him while the ball is in the air. So the difference is you need to understand the game better with these rules rather than who can do the same thing with the WR/DB sticks better.
IMO this is a bunch of hog wash.

Ratings of the WR and DB come into play? They come into play anyhow if you really know what your doing.

Understand the game better? So just because you let the CPU do the work better you understand the game better? That is silly.

IMO, people play this way because they have no stick skill. They play this way because they don't understand the game or the AI. If you understand the AI you can exploit the game with or without user catching.

I User catch because I don't trust the CPU to do it for me. I User Catch EVERYTHING. Hitches, Streaks, Slants, In's, Outs, etc. etc. Most people will only User Catch the Streak or Post. Not me. EVERY pattern thrown I attempt to User Catch.

Granted 90% of the time I am playing human opponents. I still don't get not User Catching against the CPU. I don't see a reason to change the way I play just because of the crappy AI the CPU has. If I had to change the way I played, I would just find another game to play.

Thank God COD 5 comes out soon. 11/11/08
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »