Home

NCAA Football 2009 Recruiting Strategies...

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2009 Recruiting Strategies... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2008, 07:26 PM   #1
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

OVR: 5
NCAA Football 2009 Recruiting Strategies...

Sorry if there is a thread about this already. If so please point me that way and don't hesitate to delete this one...

Anyways, I was just looking to get a community outlook on recruiting tips and strategies that are seeming to work for you guys. I'm currently in a couple dynasties but the one i'm most concerned about is my USM. My first season, the highest star I signed was a 3 star.

I finished the season 9-4 I do believe so my expectations are high for the 09 season. So I want to learn how to take advantage and grab some 4 star prospects.

-Things I have been wandering about is when to offer scholarships?
-Does rank on the recruiting board really matter?
-Is swaying down good? If you fail at a sway should you try and succeed in one to balance it out?
-Do you concentrate more on hard pitching or finding out new interests and swaying?
-Use Quickcall or do it the old fashioned way?
-And anything else you can offer...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NCAA Football 2009 Recruiting Strategies...

Here is how I run in my OD

- If a player has you ranked #1 if you offer a scholarship he may commit right then and there. If a player does not have me on his list then I offer it right away to get a little boost
-Yes rank on the recruiting board does seem to matter
- I don't bother swaying down. Try to get a guy quite happy and then try to sway them up. If you get one to sway then try another unless you are starting to piss him off.
- I try to find his top 3 so I know if he is worth keeping and will know what to schedule for a visit. Basically as SJSU I usually unlock location first because that is generally my elite to see what they have there and then work down to very good or good if I must. Whatever it takes to figure out if my top three are close to his top 3
-No quick call. If you want someone else to recruit you might as well just turn it all on auto and sim every year.
- Your inseason recruiting can do most of the dirty work for you. I am in week two year two of my OD and I just got 3 hard commits which means I can drop off some backup plans and go for more power.
- Schedule visits early. Not so early that you don't have three top but early enough that you can sway these guys before other coaches get their dirty little hands on him.

I hope that helps

Last edited by ChuckMonts; 10-12-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:23 PM   #3
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

Thanks, I will give that a shot and see how it turns out. Also, every little secret I get, I will be sure to put out there...

Just trying to get that dreaded MR.FEBRUARY! Never got it on NCAA and I want it!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 02:50 AM   #4
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

Ok, so I just figured out a pretty good tip...

If you don't know this already, then you should for sure try it. I just started a BYU dynasty, and at the start of week three I have two 4 star recruits and a 3 star already sign with me.

So basically when recruiting with this team, I only went after guys who had me in their top 7-8. One of the 4 stars, and the 3 stars had me listed as their number one from the get-go. So I go in my first week unlock a couple of pitches, then offer the scholarship and they sign instantly.

As far as the other 4 star goes. I did not offer him a scholarship week one. He had me sitting at number three. So I unlocked about three pitches and hard sold one of them. When week two started, I had jumped to #2 on his list. So I talk to him a little more (One pitch or so). Then I offer him the scholarship and he signs instantly also.

So basically I have now figured out to not offer scholarships unless their your number one school.

Then only way you want be able to do this is if you think it may take your more than a couple of weeks to get your school his #1 choice. So if that's the case then you will have to offer it a little early just to keep his interest...
Old 10-13-2008, 11:13 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI DECAY IXI
Ok, so I just figured out a pretty good tip...

If you don't know this already, then you should for sure try it. I just started a BYU dynasty, and at the start of week three I have two 4 star recruits and a 3 star already sign with me.

So basically when recruiting with this team, I only went after guys who had me in their top 7-8. One of the 4 stars, and the 3 stars had me listed as their number one from the get-go. So I go in my first week unlock a couple of pitches, then offer the scholarship and they sign instantly.

As far as the other 4 star goes. I did not offer him a scholarship week one. He had me sitting at number three. So I unlocked about three pitches and hard sold one of them. When week two started, I had jumped to #2 on his list. So I talk to him a little more (One pitch or so). Then I offer him the scholarship and he signs instantly also.

So basically I have now figured out to not offer scholarships unless their your number one school.

Then only way you want be able to do this is if you think it may take your more than a couple of weeks to get your school his #1 choice. So if that's the case then you will have to offer it a little early just to keep his interest...
Im going to try this with Michigan. I always offered right away, but I didnt really get any commits until my rivalry games.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 12:13 PM   #6
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

Sweet. Let me know how it goes. Like I said, it worked pretty well for me as BYU, and I didn't offer on 4 stars the first week. I still have yet to offer on some of the 4 stars and i'm continually moving up on there list...
Old 10-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI DECAY IXI
Sweet. Let me know how it goes. Like I said, it worked pretty well for me as BYU, and I didn't offer on 4 stars the first week. I still have yet to offer on some of the 4 stars and i'm continually moving up on there list...
So far it worked pretty well, I was #3 on the top MLB's list, I unlocked 3 pitches, and offered a schollie, and he commited right away. Im hoping I can continue to pull in the 5* recruits here. Im trying to get like 6 or 7 5*'s and some 4 *'s then a couple 3's and 2's to try to find diamonds in the rough.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #8
Pro

I am only trying that strategy on certain recruits. The main one I am doing it on now is Zach Morse, the #1 kicker and a 5* recruit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »