Home

How to figure out a user's gameplane?!?

This is a discussion on How to figure out a user's gameplane?!? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2008, 11:35 PM   #1
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

OVR: 5
How to figure out a user's gameplane?!?

Ever wander why you keep getting beat online? Well I have noticed over the years that stick skill is not everything when it comes to online football...

STRATEGY, STRATEGY, and more STRATEGY!

Now, i'm not the best person when it comes to figuring out an opponents gameplan, but I am becoming pretty good at it and learning how to stop it quick.

One of the biggest things that I have noticed in online play is that users have one style that they run, and they run it hard. Well there is a problem with that. What if your so called perferct gameplan gets shutdown? What do you rely on after that?

EXACTLY! You don't have anything, then you just have to sit back and patiently wait for your but whooping to end.

So my first advice is to figure A LOT of different attacks. That way if something doesn't work you can mix it up and confuse them.

Example being. I just played my first online game of 2009. It was a basic quick play game. Not sure what his record was. Now don't be confused as this is not my first time playing online. I have played against plenty of friends and online last year.

Anyways, so I was LSU and my opponent was Texas. Now first thing I noticed was on his first offensive possesion a black QB lined up under center. Now last time I checked Colt McCoy was not black. So right off I knew that this guy had more intentions than "throwing" the ball with this kid; why else would you not use the best QB on the roster?

So anyways, my predictions were right on as his first play was a speed option to the left. It was shut down right away. I guess he thought he saw something because he no-huddled to the line, only to try and run the same play. Blah.

So anyways, throughout the first half he kept trying to scramble and pass while scrambling only to throw two intereceptions. Now with my offensive style I was able to turn turnovers in too points so on and so forth. Then next thing I know i'm heading to half with a two TD lead and feeling pretty comfortable.

It turned out the kid had nothing else to offer so he basically just handing me the game, so I took it easy on him by running the ball and wasting clock to earn my first victory.

So thats all I got right now, but if you think you have advice or stories to offer about figuring out another users style. Feel free to share...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 01:10 AM   #2
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How to figure out a user's gameplane?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI DECAY IXI
Ever wander why you keep getting beat online? Well I have noticed over the years that stick skill is not everything when it comes to online football...

STRATEGY, STRATEGY, and more STRATEGY!

Now, i'm not the best person when it comes to figuring out an opponents gameplan, but I am becoming pretty good at it and learning how to stop it quick.

One of the biggest things that I have noticed in online play is that users have one style that they run, and they run it hard. Well there is a problem with that. What if your so called perferct gameplan gets shutdown? What do you rely on after that?

EXACTLY! You don't have anything, then you just have to sit back and patiently wait for your but whooping to end.

So my first advice is to figure A LOT of different attacks. That way if something doesn't work you can mix it up and confuse them.

Example being. I just played my first online game of 2009. It was a basic quick play game. Not sure what his record was. Now don't be confused as this is not my first time playing online. I have played against plenty of friends and online last year.

Anyways, so I was LSU and my opponent was Texas. Now first thing I noticed was on his first offensive possesion a black QB lined up under center. Now last time I checked Colt McCoy was not black. So right off I knew that this guy had more intentions than "throwing" the ball with this kid; why else would you not use the best QB on the roster?

So anyways, my predictions were right on as his first play was a speed option to the left. It was shut down right away. I guess he thought he saw something because he no-huddled to the line, only to try and run the same play. Blah.

So anyways, throughout the first half he kept trying to scramble and pass while scrambling only to throw two intereceptions. Now with my offensive style I was able to turn turnovers in too points so on and so forth. Then next thing I know i'm heading to half with a two TD lead and feeling pretty comfortable.

It turned out the kid had nothing else to offer so he basically just handing me the game, so I took it easy on him by running the ball and wasting clock to earn my first victory.

So thats all I got right now, but if you think you have advice or stories to offer about figuring out another users style. Feel free to share...
Thats the game plan!!! Guys play with qbs that can scramble, with big arms and a fast receiver to user catch with. Because if they can stay on their feet long enough their receivers will break their routes and usually find a way to get open. Which i consider major cheese.

The best thing for you to do imo is to contain your DEs to prevent horizontal scrambling, spy your MLB and control your SS or FS. Most guys will run a spread and trips on one side so that they can streak the guy on a side by himself. Man him up and play cover 2 or 3. If all he does is bomb downfield dont play zone cuz he'll run straight past your confined zoners. Play cover 2 man

I recomend:
4-2-5 cover 2 man
3-3-5 cover 2 zone
5-2 cover 2 zone
quarters cover 2 man
quarters 3 deep man
3-2-6 dime Cover 2 zone (hot route the extra DBs to play man)

You can also go to choose play by play type and throw some double coverages and zone blitz in there as well. Hope this helps

Old 10-13-2008, 02:43 AM   #3
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

OVR: 5

Oh, sorry if I didn't clearly state this, but I knew how to stop him. I actually slaughtered him. What i'm saying is if people are looking to get serious in online play they should learn more than one style of attack.

I don't like the whole scrambling QB and stuff like that, but when I stop it, I want the user to come at me with something else instead of just laying over and dying.

Like I have plenty of different attacks on offense, and defense. But yea, I ended up beating the guy like 34-14 I do believe. I was just letting people share how maybe they stop certain attacks.

But actually never thought of what you posted to stop it that way. I will for sure try that next time I run into a scrambler. The guy I played before was so desperate though. I have really good stick skill with the Safeties, so I would just leave them in a zone and wait for him to release then BAM! Interception...
Old 10-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #4
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Thats the game plan!!! Guys play with qbs that can scramble, with big arms and a fast receiver to user catch with. Because if they can stay on their feet long enough their receivers will break their routes and usually find a way to get open. Which i consider major cheese.

The best thing for you to do imo is to contain your DEs to prevent horizontal scrambling, spy your MLB and control your SS or FS. Most guys will run a spread and trips on one side so that they can streak the guy on a side by himself. Man him up and play cover 2 or 3. If all he does is bomb downfield dont play zone cuz he'll run straight past your confined zoners. Play cover 2 man

I recomend:
4-2-5 cover 2 man
3-3-5 cover 2 zone
5-2 cover 2 zone
quarters cover 2 man
quarters 3 deep man
3-2-6 dime Cover 2 zone (hot route the extra DBs to play man)

You can also go to choose play by play type and throw some double coverages and zone blitz in there as well. Hope this helps
In theory this is great. But if someone actually plays with strategy, playing man to man is a nightmare. Man to man defense is THE WORST of all the bad defenses on this game. I don't know how many times I can say that. With some stick skill, Cover 3 zone with DE contain will stop most offenses. Or sometimes LB contain.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
In theory this is great. But if someone actually plays with strategy, playing man to man is a nightmare. Man to man defense is THE WORST of all the bad defenses on this game. I don't know how many times I can say that. With some stick skill, Cover 3 zone with DE contain will stop most offenses. Or sometimes LB contain.
i play man on the two fastest receivers and usually spy a lb. i always control the safety so whenever guys hang the ball up the cb and me are both on him

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »