Home

It ain't easy being cheesy

This is a discussion on It ain't easy being cheesy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2008, 12:02 AM   #25
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: It ain't easy being cheesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
I got a hell of a pass rush in qtrs 3 deep man de contain, but its very vulnerable to inside runs. But you can show blitz and bring all your corners down. Set it up like this

3 down linemen, 1 lb and 7 dbs
Im gonna show with symbols. they're not exact but they'll do for this cause

x-dbs (control the safety in the middle)
o-line
m-lb

(deep zone)x (you)x x(deep zone)

x(man) x(blitz) m(spy) (blitz)x x(man)

<--o o o-->

audible you coverage to press and you should see a nice improvement in the pass rush

I rest my case.

It takes a ridiculous formation with 987 position audibles to get a "decent" pass rush.

You shouldn't have to make 765 pre snap audibles/adjustments and have stick skills that would make Bishop From Aliens doing his knife trick look slow to be able to play defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 01:27 AM   #26
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I rest my case.

It takes a ridiculous formation with 987 position audibles to get a "decent" pass rush.

You shouldn't have to make 765 pre snap audibles/adjustments and have stick skills that would make Bishop From Aliens doing his knife trick look slow to be able to play defense.
haha. good point

Old 10-15-2008, 01:45 AM   #27
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Ok all of you Anti Cheese and Anti Young J guys. I just beat Wisconsin in Wisconsin with Hawaii 66-30. They got a lucky td on a screen play and a lucky one where they faked a punt and took it 58 yards to the house. I had some veeery cheesy interceptions. Bobbled passes at their greatest. 2 were one handed, one was a blind catch, a lb warped on the 4th one and one was just a very poorly thrown ball.

Hawaii
570 total yards of offense
28 rush for 268yds and 4tds
13-21 pass attempts for 302 yards, 3 tds and 5 picks
2-7 on 3rd down
1-1 on 4th down
100% in the redzone
6 total turnovers
1 kickoff and one punt returned for a td

Wisconsin
422 total yards of offense
33 rush for 195 yards and 2td
16-31 (51%) passing for 227 yards and 1 td
2-11 on 3rd down
1-3 on 4th down
100% in the redzone (3 fg)
0 turnovers

The only difference in this game and my games in AA is that the cpu scored a bit more and had more yards. 179 of those yards came off of their wild tds. Especially the RB screen for a score that they ran. That sorry RB played like a superstar on that play. If you take out his two big runs he only would have finished with 36 yards on 27 carries. But they cant be taken back. Doesnt mattered. I handed them their asses.

Still think I cheese? You can take away my 3 pass tds and I still would have won. Cant cheese when you run.

And for the record, you dont know for sure if any of the guys on here are actually using these sliders and house rules they say they are using offline. As far as I know you could be cheese, I could be cheese, OMT, heavy_hitta and all of the rest could be cheese. But you or noone else has a way to prove it. I think this posts justifies my claim. Im done

Old 10-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #28
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

J... just play on heisman default sliders
Im convinced that sliders are trivial and if you play on Heisman with default sliders you can adjust to any small change sliders may bring on any difficulty level. although, having user pass pwr low takes away the deep ball automatically. that slider should just be an on/off switch. AA is a joke, I won with BC @ OU and then beat Kansas St. w/ North Texas and i won @OU with Boise State...all these were on AA last night.
with adjusted sliders I may have lost one or two of these games but it still would have been too close to call it SIM.

Also, I think the whole SIM style thing is rediculous. How can you expect to replicate a real game when you have 3 pages of plays that are all the same routes in diff. combos? and defensive "schemes" that all teams share. How much more realistic is NCAA than Tecmo bowl?
Old 10-15-2008, 04:13 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 17

Young, why did you change your signature after I referenced it if its not cheesy? I don't get it. Did you have a point?

I am going to head home, put the game on the easiest level, and win by 300 and enjoy the "SIM" like nature of the game.... yeah, sounds like fun!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #30
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

You can't consider anything you do playing against the CPU to be cheese. Against the CPU play the game how you want and have fun. Again, against the CPU there is no such thing as cheese.

Cheese is one of the lamest terms there is. Cheese was a term developed by people that actually play online contests. It has nothing to do with playing the CPU. It was a term developed to describe people that use tactics that affect the AI.

In all, you can't cheese the CPU. People pay $60.00 to play the game so let them play it the way they want and have fun.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:25 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
You can't consider anything you do playing against the CPU to be cheese. Against the CPU play the game how you want and have fun. Again, against the CPU there is no such thing as cheese.

Cheese is one of the lamest terms there is. Cheese was a term developed by people that actually play online contests. It has nothing to do with playing the CPU. It was a term developed to describe people that use tactics that affect the AI.

In all, you can't cheese the CPU. People pay $60.00 to play the game so let them play it the way they want and have fun.

to a degree I agree with that. However, there are BROKEN plays that work almost 100% of the time against the CPU and MOST Humans, I do consider calling those plays to be cheesy in both cases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 08:15 PM   #32
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Young, why did you change your signature after I referenced it if its not cheesy? I don't get it. Did you have a point?

I am going to head home, put the game on the easiest level, and win by 300 and enjoy the "SIM" like nature of the game.... yeah, sounds like fun!
No I changed my signature because im tired of gettin all the negativity about being good. WTF? If I was on the easiest level they wouldnt have that many yards and I would have a hell of a lot more than what I had. Its like I said, you cant prove to me or anyone that you play the game with all fo your house rules and such, because noone actually sees you play. Am I correct?

You dont even have to quote/reply to this because I know I am. I beat OSU in the NC 62-48. Basketball score I know. But if the AI was in my favor would they have put up that many points. Na dont think so.

I also got invited to the Pac 10 today as well...Did I hack the AI to do that too? Someone will come up with a way to say I did. Im sure of it. But oh well. You cant win. You cant prove im cheese til you sit here and watch me play. And *******s arent welcome here. Sorry, guess you'll never know!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »