Home

It ain't easy being cheesy

This is a discussion on It ain't easy being cheesy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
It ain't easy being cheesy

This thread is devoted to talking about cheese on NCAA. I would like to discuss things that you do and/or don't do when you play because you think its cheesy. Please specify whether or not you are talking about playing versus a HUMAN or the CPU if its not clear.

For starters I would like to open up the discussion with the question of which is most cheesy:

a - playing at an easy level of difficulty/sliders such that you are able to win regularly against teams that are the same or better in rating then you.

b - play at a difficult level/sliders but use plays/methods that you know the CPU can NOT adapt to or stop most of the time.

Let the fun begin!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: It ain't easy being cheesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
This thread is devoted to talking about cheese on NCAA. I would like to discuss things that you do and/or don't do when you play because you think its cheesy. Please specify whether or not you are talking about playing versus a HUMAN or the CPU if its not clear.

For starters I would like to open up the discussion with the question of which is most cheesy:

a - playing at an easy level of difficulty/sliders such that you are able to win regularly against teams that are the same or better in rating then you.

b - play at a difficult level/sliders but use plays/methods that you know the CPU can NOT adapt to or stop most of the time.

Let the fun begin!
i have used aa sliders that were greatly stacked against me and i run the ball ALOT. so what is that considered?

Old 10-14-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
i have used aa sliders that were greatly stacked against me and i run the ball ALOT. so what is that considered?
its not what level you play on or what your sliders are... its the results that you get when you play. for example, UM is like an 84 OVR team or so when they start so if you use them and you are sniffing NC any time soon then your sliders/difficulty is too easy to get "SIM" results. I am making the assumption that SIM is considered NON cheese here.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:08 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Scenario a - Processed cheeze food. Not real cheeze, just cheezy. Might as well be playing Skid Row "Wasted Time" in the background.

Scenario b - Its real cheese, but it may very between a government brick and well aged cave aged bleu cheese. If you took Idaho and ran the FB PA flat play 55 times and beat USC 77 - 45(they'd score some points on Idaho), you are full fledge Welfare government cheese recipient. If you took Florida and were playing USC to a deadlock but in a moment of weakness called the 5 wide Percy Harvin Special to win 24-17, you are the bleu cheese. A little more sophisticated, but you definitely cheesed.

The thread should be titled "It's too EAsy to be chEAsey."
Old 10-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
MVP

It's too EAsy to be chEAsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Scenario a - Processed cheeze food. Not real cheeze, just cheezy. Might as well be playing Skid Row "Wasted Time" in the background.

Scenario b - Its real cheese, but it may very between a government brick and well aged cave aged bleu cheese. If you took Idaho and ran the FB PA flat play 55 times and beat USC 77 - 45(they'd score some points on Idaho), you are full fledge Welfare government cheese recipient. If you took Florida and were playing USC to a deadlock but in a moment of weakness called the 5 wide Percy Harvin Special to win 24-17, you are the bleu cheese. A little more sophisticated, but you definitely cheesed.

The thread should be titled "It's too EAsy to be chEAsey."
HAHAHAHAHA, I love it. Just immagine how fun this game would be if all the "cheese" was taken out and scrambling for 5 yards felt like a sense of accomplishment instead of Limburger cheese.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #6
MVP

It wont let me change the main thread title... is it possible?
Old 10-14-2008, 05:17 PM   #7
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
its not what level you play on or what your sliders are... its the results that you get when you play. for example, UM is like an 84 OVR team or so when they start so if you use them and you are sniffing NC any time soon then your sliders/difficulty is too easy to get "SIM" results. I am making the assumption that SIM is considered NON cheese here.
The best two teams I play on my default schedule are Fresno st and Boise St. They are only ranked 4 and 5 points higher than Hawaii. I beat Fresno St with an iced fg and Boise by a td late in the 4th. Those are my only tough games besides whoever I play in my bowl.

I blow Idaho and La Tech out every year because they both pass alot and i defend the pass well. I only user pick in human games or when i absolutely NEED a big play vs the cpu. But other than that, I usually end most games with 1-3 ints, 2-4 sacks and alot of swats. All factors depend on the team im playing, their qb, and type of offense

I finished the season with the 48th ranked passing offense and 6th ranked rush offense. My qb only thew the ball 156 times for a total of 14 tds and 5 picks. Im a run heavy guy as i stated in another thread

Last edited by Young J 334; 10-14-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #8
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Re: It's too EAsy to be chEAsey

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA, I love it. Just immagine how fun this game would be if all the "cheese" was taken out and scrambling for 5 yards felt like a sense of accomplishment instead of Limburger cheese.
Contain and spy stops this easily. I love playing guys with WVU and other scramblers. I play with Tebow but he only runs on the goalline. QB SNEAK almost feels cheese when less than one yard out. That I can admit but i know for a fact that all of us use it.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/5805297

Go there n check out what happened to the last guy that played as WVU. He quit in the second quarter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »