Home

Big Surprise last night!

This is a discussion on Big Surprise last night! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2008, 09:30 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Big Surprise last night!

So I am waiting for my friend to finish his game and advance the week and I am looking around at stats, players of the week, and heisman hopefuls and I am startled to see that the #1 heisman candidate right now is my SS Bandon Smith at Michigan! Now, he does have pretty solid stats but nothing too shocking. I never, ever use this guy when I play as I almost always control an OLB or MLB so all his stats are CPU generated. Can a SS really win the heisman playing in the 3-3-5? This kid is only a JR!

Through 7 games I believe he had 6 INTs, 60 tackles, 2 sacks, and a few tackles for losses. Sure these are great numbers but heisman consideration? My buddy and I found this to be pretty cool actually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 10:08 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Big Surprise last night!

That's cool nonetheless. Usually have 3-5 of my DB's end up make all-american, but have never had heisman consideration. I'm not sure why they even made all-american. I had a DE tie the NCAA single season sack record and no heisman ballot for him. Crazy.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE_Passat'n
That's cool nonetheless. Usually have 3-5 of my DB's end up make all-american, but have never had heisman consideration. I'm not sure why they even made all-american. I had a DE tie the NCAA single season sack record and no heisman ballot for him. Crazy.
yeah, I am not sure what about this guy has him so high on the heisman ticket. Heck, i thought it was my QB when I saw him since my QB won the heisman last year but has fallen all the way OFF the top 5 board this year since he is throwing INTs at a record rate this year. I am 99% sure that Smith has no chance to actually win it, but it is cool to see him getting serious consideration.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:14 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

does he have any TDs? sometimes that boost defender up there, but i haven't seen one win it yet though, i don't think.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
does he have any TDs? sometimes that boost defender up there, but i haven't seen one win it yet though, i don't think.
HAHAHA, well after 2 more games he is no longer even in the top 5... guess he was a flash in the pan. I will let you know if he resurfaces. He did have a pretty good game against MSU with a pick 6 late in the game but I doubt that is enough to get him back up there. He does have some 17 tackles for losses. I guess the 3-3-5 scheme I use is good for getting the SS tackles in the backfield. I sure hope I can talk him into staying for his 4th season. He and Boubacar Cissoko would be missed if the leave early.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 05:47 PM   #6
Rookie

Preo32's Arena

OVR: 4

My BD in my Minnesota dynasty in the first year had 6 INTs after 3 games, and yet, never was a top-5 contender. He only got one the rest of the year, and that was in the Bowl game, so he didnt keep up. He did win the Thorpe, but then again, 3 of the top 4 voters in that were on my team, and all three pledged to go pro, but i convinced them to stay. That CB is doing decent, but my safety, that was 3rd overall in the Thorpe last year, is just killing it. No chance at the Heisman thou. My RB is a junior, and leads the NCAA in yards, YPC, YPG, 20+ yard runs, and has 1 less game played than anybody else in the Top 10 RBs except Noel Devine, who i played and shut down, yet he is #2 on the Heisman and Duane Bennett is not there. IDK why. That is crazy thou a SS was atop the Heisman list. Tough to do
Old 10-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 16

Yeah, thats a surprise for people that are normal, but for me and my dynasty, its really not. I looked 1 week, and I had 3 guys in the top 5. They were Brandon Smith, Sam McGuffie and Justin Feagin. The next week, I still had 3 guys in there, but Feagin and Smith fell off. It was McGuffie, Tay Odoms, and BooBoo Cissoko. The Heisman winner ended up as McGuffie, beating out Devine, Pryor, Cameron Newton, and Ryan Mallet.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »