Home

HELP! Team Choice

This is a discussion on HELP! Team Choice within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2008, 09:17 PM   #25
Rookie

mastershake16's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: HELP! Team Choice

Bama stopped me at the 10..so i kicked a FG

17-0 WISC...2:03 in 1st quarter left
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #26
Rookie

mastershake16's Arena

stopped me i punted..another pick 6 this time by langford...21 defensive points in 1st quarter
Old 10-16-2008, 09:33 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 16

Well, I was going to say be Michigan, because their playbook in 09 is very balanced, for some reason. But, your looking for a pro-style offense, and Michigan runs out of the spread. In real life, the offense is called three things, depends on who you ask, spread option, read option, or spread read option. This is their 1st year running this offense, since Lloyd Carr retired after last year. The team is VERY young, but has a great corps of running backs. In DK's roster, Sam Mcguffie, is rated an 84 or 85 with 95 or 96 speed and is a freshman. Brandon Minor is a nice back, and a junior. Michael Shaw is fast, and has some power as well, and a freshman. hey have a very good corps of wide outs led by Greg Matthews. I normally have the #2 wide reciever as Darryl Stonum, then I give playing time to Clemons, Hemingway, Savoy, and sometimes have Carson Butler lineup in the slot, as a flex player. The QB is Steven Threet, but he is not that good. I normally use a 2 QB system between Threet and Justin Feagin. The strength of this team is definately the defensive front 7, of Tim Jamison, Will Johnson, Terrance Taylor and Brandon Graham on the line, and Marrel Evans, Obi Ezeh and Jonas Mouton at linebackers The corners are VERY good with Morgan Trent, a senior, and Donovan Warren. Brandon Harrison is a very good safety, but the other safety, Steve Brown, sort of ruins the good defense in real life. And in this game, is somewhat better than he is in real life. Their punter, Zoltan Mesko is severely underrated in this game, and its a crime that he is so poorly rated. Mesko is widely considered the best punter in college football, as he knocks teams inside the 20 yard line like its his job.

Michigan has by far the greatest rivalry in college sports with Ohio State, and you can make a case for it to be the greates in all of sports over the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry. They wear the greatest, most famous, helmets in college football, known as the "winged helmets". They have a great fanbase, and have a nice stadium, probably the most storied in college football, known as The Big House. And if that is not enough, their fight song is far and away the best in college, and no one can say otherwise. It is called The Victors. Their coaching history is very rich, stretching from Fitz Crisler to Bo Schembechler to Lloyd Carr, and now the reigns go to Rich Rodriguez, who any knowledgable WVU fan would tell you is a very good coach, even though they hate him. He bought along with him from WVU to Ann Arbor, the best strength and conditioning coach as well, Mike Barwis. They've had some amazing players, such as, Tom Brady, Chad Henne, Mike Hart, LaMarr Woodley, Desmond Howard, Braylon Edwards, and so on. I can go on and on with more great players, but I believe thats enough. Michigan is also probably the most hated team in college football, but isnt it always fun to be the most hated team, and for them to be your favorite? Like me, I am an avid Yankees fan and Michigan football fan.

To give you allitle taste of greatness:

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
the leaders and best
Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
the champions of the West!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcoyj...eature=related

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:33 PM   #28
Rookie

mastershake16's Arena

Ok, I tried em... but I...I cant explain but It feels like Tennessee is my team..

I dont know why...

Part of me says yeah use em , you knwo you love arian foster...

other part says no, you want something new and you havent even seen arian foster play in a game...
Old 10-16-2008, 09:36 PM   #29
Rookie

mastershake16's Arena

Wow thanks for the Michigan write up....

So what formations do they run?

And I think for some reason i like more southern teams with huge stadiums but im tryin to get that out of my head...

I remember Mike Harrt...Never really watched Mich alot but...ill give em a try

and how do you lose to Toledo and Notre Dame...wtf?!?!
Old 10-16-2008, 09:37 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Well, I was going to say be Michigan, because their playbook in 09 is very balanced, for some reason. But, your looking for a pro-style offense, and Michigan runs out of the spread. In real life, the offense is called three things, depends on who you ask, spread option, read option, or spread read option. This is their 1st year running this offense, since Lloyd Carr retired after last year. The team is VERY young, but has a great corps of running backs. In DK's roster, Sam Mcguffie, is rated an 84 or 85 with 95 or 96 speed and is a freshman. Brandon Minor is a nice back, and a junior. Michael Shaw is fast, and has some power as well, and a freshman. hey have a very good corps of wide outs led by Greg Matthews. I normally have the #2 wide reciever as Darryl Stonum, then I give playing time to Clemons, Hemingway, Savoy, and sometimes have Carson Butler lineup in the slot, as a flex player. The QB is Steven Threet, but he is not that good. I normally use a 2 QB system between Threet and Justin Feagin. The strength of this team is definately the defensive front 7, of Tim Jamison, Will Johnson, Terrance Taylor and Brandon Graham on the line, and Marrel Evans, Obi Ezeh and Jonas Mouton at linebackers The corners are VERY good with Morgan Trent, a senior, and Donovan Warren. Brandon Harrison is a very good safety, but the other safety, Steve Brown, sort of ruins the good defense in real life. And in this game, is somewhat better than he is in real life. Their punter, Zoltan Mesko is severely underrated in this game, and its a crime that he is so poorly rated. Mesko is widely considered the best punter in college football, as he knocks teams inside the 20 yard line like its his job.

Michigan has by far the greatest rivalry in college sports with Ohio State, and you can make a case for it to be the greates in all of sports over the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry. They wear the greatest, most famous, helmets in college football, known as the "winged helmets". They have a great fanbase, and have a nice stadium, probably the most storied in college football, known as The Big House. And if that is not enough, their fight song is far and away the best in college, and no one can say otherwise. It is called The Victors. Their coaching history is very rich, stretching from Fitz Crisler to Bo Schembechler to Lloyd Carr, and now the reigns go to Rich Rodriguez, who any knowledgable WVU fan would tell you is a very good coach, even though they hate him. He bought along with him from WVU to Ann Arbor, the best strength and conditioning coach as well, Mike Barwis. They've had some amazing players, such as, Tom Brady, Chad Henne, Mike Hart, LaMarr Woodley, Desmond Howard, Braylon Edwards, and so on. I can go on and on with more great players, but I believe thats enough. Michigan is also probably the most hated team in college football, but isnt it always fun to be the most hated team, and for them to be your favorite? Like me, I am an avid Yankees fan and Michigan football fan.

To give you allitle taste of greatness:

Hail! Hail! to Michigan
the leaders and best
Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
the champions of the West!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcoyj...eature=related
Love how this tool is also a Yankees fan. Arrogance is Michigan football.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:43 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharrisfan2003
Love how this tool is also a Yankees fan. Arrogance is Michigan football.
LOL coming from a fan of a team that blows a 19-0 lead in the 4th quarter to Michigan and loses 27-25. The beginning of their 3 game losing streak. Thank you, come again...

If you cant admit that Michigan has the nicest helmets, has the best fight song and the greatest rivalry with O$U, you obviously has red and white glasses on.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2008, 09:43 PM   #32
Rookie

mastershake16's Arena

I used Michigan...

Dont like em...Ive always not been a big fan...I tried but It didnt feel like i had a Playmaker

but name some more teams that can pass but with a decent RB that can set the pass up or decent qb to set run up...

Ill prob do 60/40 run pass or VERY close to 50/50

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »