Home

NCAA Football Defensive Playcalling: 4-3

This is a discussion on NCAA Football Defensive Playcalling: 4-3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2008, 10:11 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA Football Defensive Playcalling: 4-3

Our own David Johnson checks in early this morning (at least for left-coasters) with a look at 4-3 defensive playcalling in NCAA Football 09. Check out his thoughts and be sure to leave some of your own!

Quote:
"As an assistant football coach, one of the biggest perks to playing NCAA (and Madden) is coming up with ideas based on plays I see in the game. I take pride in the fact that my team hasn't given up a touchdown over the course of four games largely because of some contain assignments I've been teaching the squad. While my parks and recreation team sticks to a base contain defense, NCAA Football 09 sometimes requires a bit more variety to be successful."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2008, 10:26 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
so what 4-3 plays are best for cpu HB screen plays? I use to get by fine with man coverage but lately my LB's seem to have concrete feet chasing halfbacks.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football Defensive Playcalling: 4-3

Run anything you want, but at the line, have your outside backers man up with the backs. they will usually cause enough trouble to get the rest of your defense over to make a play, even if in cover 3 zone. I've heard of people having issues with this, but I only get bitten by the CPU screen once every 8 or 9 games. I control a DE, but the linebackers spying or manning up really help.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

good read man. i like cover 2 out of 4-3 over. gives you that extra body in case they run. if its third and longer and they dont give me 3 or more wide i like buzz duo in under. doesnt give you any coverage in flats but gives great 5 to 15 yard coverage. this play is in normal too but i dont like it as much. i think because one backer takes more of an angle to the wide side in under(put you on the line backer to wide side). cover 3 out of all of them i like alot and the only man i run is cover two man. i do like buc also and is a good play to hot route a backer to come on the weak side. also when i run cover two i always spread my line and slant out on plays over 5 or 6 yards. leaves the middle open but no way is the cpu getting outside on you. i play with the mlb also so you just have to break the centers block and make a play.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

I still contend the 3-4 D is the best for getting pressure on the qb in this game. And the 2-4-5 is BEAST for getting sacks. Must have very quick olb's though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2009, 06:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
i have played thousands of games of football on ncaa and madden both i am very offensive minded i run like a pro style spread with option inplications on defense where im lack luster but dominate 99 percent of the people i play no matter what team it is i run a 3-4 just becuz its the best defense on the game 3-3-5 easy 2 beat u set up the run then call sum play actions and slants then there rit where u want them then u can pretty much call anything u want 4-3 basic defense just run str8 at it and slants all day at it 2 4-2-5 is lil more diffcult cuz of the pressure that it has putting 2 safties on the line i try 2 pass heavy against it basically with crossing patterns and hitch and goes stuff like that mulitple d easiest of all u run at the 4-3 part of it then the 3-4 part throw it deep

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »