Home

2 games left for first NC

This is a discussion on 2 games left for first NC within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #17
stewaat

OVR:
Re: 2 games left for first NC

For those curious, he's on Heisman with about 30 house rules to make the game challenging...and it is 100% necessary IMHO.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
For those curious, he's on Heisman with about 30 house rules to make the game challenging...and it is 100% necessary IMHO.
LOL, thx Stew, most think I am nuts with the house rules but I agree with you, 100% necessary "IF" you want your dynasty to go for years and years and still be challenging. Its the only way I can keep the computer in games come 4th quarter and sometimes that is impossible if the CPU playcalling is bad enough.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:46 PM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
For those curious, he's on Heisman with about 30 house rules to make the game challenging...and it is 100% necessary IMHO unless you are a crappy player like 99% of the people on OS.
Fixed. I do think you guys need to remember that some of us actually struggle when trying to play on Heisman lol.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #20
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Im in a online dynasty with my little brother and a friend of mine and we're all Independents. My lil bro is Navy, my friend is Western Kentucky and I got stuck with Army. We play each other and 6 of the same teams every year and the other 4 games are open to whom ever you want to schedual. This setup has proven to be very fun and challenging. Heres our progress.
Year 1:
Army: 4-8 (1-1)
Navy: 7-5 (2-0)
WKU: 4-8 (0-2)
No Bowls
Year 2:
Navy: 8-4 (2-0) Lost Bowl Game
WKU: 3-9 (0-2)
Year 3:
Army: 5-7 (2-0)
Navy: 7-5 (0-2)
WKU: 4-8 (1-1)
No Bowls
Year 4: Through Week 6
Army: 3-1 (0-0)
Navy: 3-1 (0-0)
WKU: 3-1 (0-0)

We play our User vs User games in the last 3 Weeks of the season and this year the games are looking to be meaningful of once. No one has won a bowl game yet or even come close to the NC. I love it.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 10-21-2008, 01:42 PM   #21
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Im in a online dynasty with my little brother and a friend of mine and we're all Independents. My lil bro is Navy, my friend is Western Kentucky and I got stuck with Army. We play each other and 6 of the same teams every year and the other 4 games are open to whom ever you want to schedual. This setup has proven to be very fun and challenging. Heres our progress.
Year 1:
Navy: 7-5 (2-0)
WKU: 4-8 (0-2)
No Bowls
Year 2:
Navy: 8-4 (2-0) Lost Bowl Game
WKU: 3-9 (0-2)
Year 3:
Army: 5-7 (2-0)
Navy: 7-5 (0-2)
WKU: 4-8 (1-1)
No Bowls
Year 4: Through Week 6
Army: 3-1 (0-0)
Navy: 3-1 (0-0)
WKU: 3-1 (0-0)

We play our User vs User games in the last 3 Weeks of the season and this year the games are looking to be meaningful of once. No one has won a bowl game yet or even come close to the NC. I love it.
What sliders/level are you playing on? Any house rules? Me and my friend are doing an OD. He is Tulsa, and I myself Southern Miss. Entering our third season, neither of us have yet to crack the top 25. First year, I went to Liberty while he was in the GMAC. Second year, I was in the GMAC and he didn't make a bowl...

Stays pretty competitive so far...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #22
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI DECAY IXI
What sliders/level are you playing on? Any house rules? Me and my friend are doing an OD. He is Tulsa, and I myself Southern Miss. Entering our third season, neither of us have yet to crack the top 25. First year, I went to Liberty while he was in the GMAC. Second year, I was in the GMAC and he didn't make a bowl...

Stays pretty competitive so far...
We're using Arichzona's AA sliders right now and custom penalty sliders. We have a couple of house rules like players leaving but not to many others. I know all 3 of us play straight.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 10-21-2008, 04:01 PM   #23
MVP

At lunch I took a few minutes to jot down my TE situation to share. Here are the returning TE's that were true frosh this past year:

Kevin House 6-7 243lbs 4-star
OVR C+ CTH C+ CIT C TRK C+ SPD B JMP C+
Jose Nicholson 6-4 260lbs 3-star
OVR C- CTH C CIT D+ TRK C+ SPD B JMP C+

Here is the new guy that hard committed
Kellen Long 6-8 240lbs 4-star
OVR C+ CTH C+ CIT C+ TRK B- SPD B JMP B+

And here is the 5-star TE that Florida took from me (only 5-star TE I have seen so far)
Adam Miller 6-7 247lbs 5-star (#20 OVR recruit)
OVR B- CTH C+ CIT C+ TRK D+ SPD B+ JMP B (4.39 speed!)

Oh well, I will just keep going after the top big TEs every year and build a stable of them. I am pumped about House and Long for the future as having a 6-7 and 6-8 TE with decent speed will be huge but I sure would have liked to land that 5-star.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:06 AM   #24
MVP

You guys are not going to believe this... even after losing to OSU in my final game the other 6 undefeated teams either lost in the last week or during championship week and I ended up back in the NC with USC!

The game with USC was an epic game for the ages. This team can pass and run on me at will so I tried to play ball control and run down every play clock to 5 seconds. Well the game ended in the strangest way I have ever seen in any game I have ever played. I was up 24-17 in the game and USC took the ball straight down the field and scored with 1 minute to play....

Well here is the extra point!

WIDE RIGHT, WIDE RIGHT, WIDE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

I go and check his ratings after the kick... he is a 41 OVR walkon!!! Unreal... so I hold on to win my first National Championship 24-23 because of a missed extra point! LOL! I just hope my buddy can actually make a bowl game this year because he has ND down to a 4-star school right now!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »