Home

CPU AI = A box of rocks INSIDE a box of rocks

This is a discussion on CPU AI = A box of rocks INSIDE a box of rocks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
CPU AI = A box of rocks INSIDE a box of rocks

Well just got my xbox back after the dreaded RROD. I tested out Don's info on the zero pen sliders.

My findings are that it pretty much helps the line play greatly. I saw much much tackles from linebackers and D-line man. It was nice to see at the end of the game Linebackers leading in tackles and not a safety or corner.

But this only goes so far. Because the MAJOR flaw with this game is the CPU playcalling. Seeing a CPU QB run the QB keeper option OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER just makes me want to punt a small child to relieve my anger.

But since no small children are around me, posting on OS will do

We need to put some testing in playbooks, tendencies, ect to help do away with these terrible calls by the CPU. I think adjusting the playbooks for teams is the best option. Making adjustments to teams with a playbook with out these plays or as few of them in it as possible. THEN adjust the tendencies of run/pass would be one of the few ways we might be able to battle this annoying problem.

Anyone want to give me a hand trying some things out with this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: CPU AI = A box of rocks INSIDE a box of rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Well just got my xbox back after the dreaded RROD. I tested out Don's info on the zero pen sliders.

My findings are that it pretty much helps the line play greatly. I saw much much tackles from linebackers and D-line man. It was nice to see at the end of the game Linebackers leading in tackles and not a safety or corner.

But this only goes so far. Because the MAJOR flaw with this game is the CPU playcalling. Seeing a CPU QB run the QB keeper option OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER just makes me want to punt a small child to relieve my anger.

But since no small children are around me, posting on OS will do

We need to put some testing in playbooks, tendencies, ect to help do away with these terrible calls by the CPU. I think adjusting the playbooks for teams is the best option. Making adjustments to teams with a playbook with out these plays or as few of them in it as possible. THEN adjust the tendencies of run/pass would be one of the few ways we might be able to battle this annoying problem.

Anyone want to give me a hand trying some things out with this?

This can somewhat be remedied, by changing the other teams playbook. If you look in the sliders section, one of the threads has about 10 to 15 playbooks that reduce the QB option and playcalling quirks, greatly. Good luck.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Here's my new plan for the poor CPU AI and playcalling............take it back and get a PS2 and a new copy of NCAA for the PS2.

Yeah, I said it.

I just can't take PS3 football anymore. It's driving me nuts! CPU never throws a hail mary at the end of the half or game when they are down by a TD or less. The CPU lines up for FGs from way out of range. Did I mention QB Choice (and keep it everytime) QB Read (and keep it everytime). I'm done with it. Unless somebody comes up with some magic of course :-)
Old 10-20-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
This can somewhat be remedied, by changing the other teams playbook. If you look in the sliders section, one of the threads has about 10 to 15 playbooks that reduce the QB option and playcalling quirks, greatly. Good luck.
Link please, all I can find is Razr run/pass ratios.

If I can find someone who has done playbook adjustments already that would help speed this along for me lol.

Thanks guys
Just venting I guess
Old 10-21-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4
Icon6 Re: CPU AI = A box of rocks INSIDE a box of rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Link please, all I can find is Razr run/pass ratios.

If I can find someone who has done playbook adjustments already that would help speed this along for me lol.

Thanks guys
Just venting I guess
I second that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2008, 10:59 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 31

I think a lot of NCAA is fine but the CPU AI and playbooks are terrible. That ruins the game.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:42 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
I think a lot of NCAA is fine but the CPU AI and playbooks are terrible. That ruins the game.

Its tru, play Wisconsin or USC with Jacked up sliders and the AI runs a pretty good scheme. Its that Cement Shoe Shuffle aka QB choice play that everyone runs, its in almost every playbook.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #8
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

After putting the 360 version on the shelf for a few weeks, I decided to give it another go over the weekend. Things seemed to be going great and I really hadn't seen any stupid plays from the cpu most of the game until late in the 4th, when it mattered most. LOL

I was using Oklahoma St. playing on the road at Florida. Leading 24-17 with just over a minute to go I was forced to punt from my own 30 yard line. Now I'm expecting Tebow to come out and pick my defense apart with short passes and probably end up sending the game into overtime eventually. For the first 40 seconds of their drive, this was what was happening. He moved them down the field about 40 yards in 4 plays. Now they're on my 25 yard line with about 25 seconds remaining and 1 timeout left. On 1st down they decide to run the option. After Tebow had picked up at least 7 or 8 yards he suddenly pitched the ball to No One. I thought at first that he had fumbled but after watching the replay it was definitely a pitch. There wasn't even a RB anywhere in sight and he had adanced the ball down inside the 20 with 1 timeout left and about 15 seconds to go. Why pitch it? I just don't get it. The cpu AI is horrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »