Home

The Joy of Losing

This is a discussion on The Joy of Losing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2008, 09:03 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: The Joy of Losing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
All I want is a great challenge. However it doesn't seem like you can get that without the CPU "cheating".

NCAA 2009 does not give you a challenge unless you handcuff yourself.

I'm running the triple option with UCLA with HBs at 91 speed or below or else I'll blow the game wide open.

Winning all the time makes the game not even fun.
100% agree but I have come to WELCOME the CPU cheating mode as it makes me perk up in my seat and actually TRY versus setting there and worrying about how many times I have called this play or that play. My OD partner and I have gone and made our schedules just insane. My opening 4 games are: #13 WVU, #6 UF, #4 Oklahoma, #10 Texas and then the 8 conference games in the big 10 which actually has become a power house conference with PSU and Wisky typically around 10 or better and OSU is preseason #1 again. Indiana, NW and MSU are often ranked in the top 25 at some point as well but typically fall off after I play them

Good news is that my OD partner is actually 3-1 and looks like he might actually make a bowl game and salvage his dynasty! I am actually pulling for him now after dropping down to a 4-star school!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:05 AM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
All I want is a great challenge. However it doesn't seem like you can get that without the CPU "cheating".

NCAA 2009 does not give you a challenge unless you handcuff yourself.

I'm running the triple option with UCLA with HBs at 91 speed or below or else I'll blow the game wide open.

Winning all the time makes the game not even fun.
oh, btw, we have ruled the FB runs out completely. they are just too automatic relative to the other runs IMO. sure you can change sliders to make them harder, but that simply ruins other runs all together. just something to consider.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:31 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
oh, btw, we have ruled the FB runs out completely. they are just too automatic relative to the other runs IMO. sure you can change sliders to make them harder, but that simply ruins other runs all together. just something to consider.

The FB dive play is viable. Sometimes it works, sometimes you get railed. On 3rd and 2 or 4th and 1 for example, you are really rolling the dice with that call. Thats with RBA @ 45 and RB at 0. Any sliders that have the FB DIve as Money, you may have to look at the HB ISO and a few otrhers too.

Last edited by fistofrage; 10-24-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:51 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
The FB dive play is viable. Sometimes it works, sometimes you get railed. On 3rd and 2 or 4th and 1 for example, you are really rolling the dice with that call. Thats with RBA @ 45 and RB at 0. Any sliders that have the FB DIve as Money, you may have to look at the HB ISO and a few otrhers too.
righto, we have gone the route of simply house ruling the "money" plays out so in theory almost ALL the other plays can possibly work. everyone has to make a choice and since we started our dynasty months ago, we picked this one and whatever your latest sliders were at the time (probably version 22). I don't plan on changing sliders so we just continuously throw out plays if we run across anything that is too easy to get yards with no risk. Handing it to the FB in the bubble gap seems FAR too easy with a crappy FB. Actually recruit a stud and it can be half your offense on first and second down.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:59 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
righto, we have gone the route of simply house ruling the "money" plays out so in theory almost ALL the other plays can possibly work. everyone has to make a choice and since we started our dynasty months ago, we picked this one and whatever your latest sliders were at the time (probably version 22). I don't plan on changing sliders so we just continuously throw out plays if we run across anything that is too easy to get yards with no risk. Handing it to the FB in the bubble gap seems FAR too easy with a crappy FB. Actually recruit a stud and it can be half your offense on first and second down.
Yeah, thats the problem with sliders. Plays that weren't automatic before start to become auto aftyer you run them a million times. Then all of a sudden you are in the catch 22. Good news is, its almost basketball season so I'll be headed back to Choops soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 10:04 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Yeah, thats the problem with sliders. Plays that weren't automatic before start to become auto aftyer you run them a million times. Then all of a sudden you are in the catch 22. Good news is, its almost basketball season so I'll be headed back to Choops soon.
speaking of that please send me a link through PM of your sliders there. I went looking for them but could not find any. In about a month I will want to fire that game up again as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »