Home

For guys that also play madden

This is a discussion on For guys that also play madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2008, 01:38 AM   #1
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
For guys that also play madden

I just bought Madden Tuesday and so far im not impressed with the game play at all! The graphics are amazing, but there are waaay to many overrated players, cheesing is easier in Madden than in NCAA, no downloadable rosters, etc. WTF?

I have looked in the Madden forum for sliders but none work properly. Do you guys have any way I can take my Heisman sliders and implement them into Madden somehow? I know the NFL and NCAA are two different experiences, but Madden's gameplay sucks! I just want a way to keep madden authentic but have a NCAA feel to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise this one is going back to Gamestop and I'll end up adding the trade in money to preorder a copy of COD5

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 01:48 AM   #2
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: For guys that also play madden

This was going to be the first year that I bought both NCAA and Madden. I always buy Madden but I had to sell it because it just did not feel like football to me.
I actually liked last years madden graphics better but I thought the animations were really sweet in 09.
If you cant find a solution to make your madden experience any better I would highly recommend using ebay to sell it. That is how I sell my games and I usually make close to twice the amount that gamestop would give me. Gamestop rips people off.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:49 AM   #3
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
This was going to be the first year that I bought both NCAA and Madden. I always buy Madden but I had to sell it because it just did not feel like football to me.
I actually liked last years madden graphics better but I thought the animations were really sweet in 09.
If you cant find a solution to make your madden experience any better I would highly recommend using ebay to sell it. That is how I sell my games and I usually make close to twice the amount that gamestop would give me. Gamestop rips people off.
I have my receipt

Old 10-24-2008, 02:38 AM   #4
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
I have looked in the Madden forum for sliders but none work properly.
Umm, thats because in 09 there are none...
Old 10-24-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

There are sliders in Madden '09 - just not cpu ones. They have extra human sliders that help make up for that but there are a few areas that you can't adjust like cpu QB accuracy, cpu RBA, cpu WR catch that hurt the fine-tuning process. Plus I think Madden uses a global slider system in how it relates to the difficulty settings. Not sure but there is probably no way you could take a slider set from NCAA and make it work on Madden.

I don't have Madden though so this is based solely on reading about it. I've thought about picking it up one day but after reading that the cpu running game is worse than NCAA's, I just don't think I will bother. I need to devote my limited gaming time to my NCAA dynasty. Just not enough time to really get into another football game right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #6
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

That is correct. There are human sliders but no cpu sliders. They are also kind of hidden and took me forever to find but still they did not really seem to make the game any better for me.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #7
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
That is correct. There are human sliders but no cpu sliders. They are also kind of hidden and took me forever to find but still they did not really seem to make the game any better for me.
Do me a favor n tell Gamestop I'll be there returning this bull later...Unless I can find some way to make this game enjoyable. How do you make a game with the best of the best players from college and have the game suck? EA is screwing up big time nowadays

Old 10-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
I just bought Madden Tuesday and so far im not impressed with the game play at all! The graphics are amazing, but there are waaay to many overrated players, cheesing is easier in Madden than in NCAA, no downloadable rosters, etc. WTF?

I have looked in the Madden forum for sliders but none work properly. Do you guys have any way I can take my Heisman sliders and implement them into Madden somehow? I know the NFL and NCAA are two different experiences, but Madden's gameplay sucks! I just want a way to keep madden authentic but have a NCAA feel to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise this one is going back to Gamestop and I'll end up adding the trade in money to preorder a copy of COD5
Well if you have not returned it give a chance. First of all do not do the IQ test (skip it forever). Your IQ (my skill) should be at 500, then play a 12 to 15 games using a variety of good teams or bad teams. By about your 8th or 9th game the game will really start getting better. The IQ (my skill) system has been great for me, I have blowout wins/losses, close wins/losses, and good games overall. Good luck and I hope you can find enjoyment like many others have with Madden 09.

Since the franchise is lacking, I play out my games through the "Play Now" option. I went through a Skins season, now I am working my way using KC and the Dolphins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »