Home

Is this cheese?

This is a discussion on Is this cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Is this cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Try the PB's with SG Normal Y Slot. It is basically SG 4 WR formations with some additions. This may be the best SG formation on the game after Bunch.

You can formation sub the HB at QB and it puts the FB in at RB. The slot guy is a TE. This formation has a speed option in it that is a beast to stop. The TE auto motions down to the line and chips the de. The TE then goes after the LB. This one play might be the best running play from SG in the entire game. Check it out because it is an amazing formation. I break at least one long run a game with this formation. I also use it in goaline situations and just dive over the OL and DL with the RB.

To me, if you can formation sub the HB in at QB then it isn't cheese as long as you don't abuse it.
This formation is awesome and was originally allowed with my house rules. However, as I started using it more and more my yards per play were complete dominating every other formation so I eventually house ruled it out. The basic problem with this formation (at least vs CPU) is that the cpu tends to treat it as a 4 WR spread so you get the soft defenses (DB intensive) but then you have the extra TE to block with and you can really run with this formation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »