Home

Stopping 5wr sets

This is a discussion on Stopping 5wr sets within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:30 AM   #9
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Stopping 5wr sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
I welcome scrambling QBs. Those are easy to stop. But a 5WR set, no huddle offense is cheese. To me anyway. He'll run the same play over and over but you cant key in on anybody because if you do someone else will always be open. Maybe I am just calling it cheese cuz I couldnt stop it, but if I havent seen it in real life before thats what it will remain
Lol, fair enough. I don't know, I see this crap all the time online, because I play with Ohio State. I don't cheese, but somehow I end up playing Florida all the time. I mixup every Nickel, Dime, and Quarters formation that I have, I send CB's on blitzes, and I always put the MLB on QB Spy so that he protects the middle of the field. That alone gets me 1-2 picks a game from my MLB.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:35 AM   #10
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Maybe I am just calling it cheese cuz I couldnt stop it, but if I havent seen it in real life before thats what it will remain
See Texas Tech and SMU. Minus the no-huddle, they will run out 5 WR's consistently.

That is not cheese, it's just an adjustment he made after he found a weakness in your defense.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:07 AM   #11
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
See Texas Tech and SMU. Minus the no-huddle, they will run out 5 WR's consistently.

That is not cheese, it's just an adjustment he made after he found a weakness in your defense.
I just played TX Tech in my OD, I scheduled them as a non-conference(CPU) and actually got sacks and 5 picks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2008, 11:17 AM   #12
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

I welcome lame bleep. I don't call it cheese because there is no such thing.

I know how to stop most everything there is. Most people are one dimensional. Once you shut them down they can't do anything else.

I have a phenomenal online record. I use actual strategy and implement my stick skill into that strategy. I run with FSU, PSU, and UCF and do well because I understand how to use them. I also use them in different ways while still using the same PB.

The best guys I have played are guys that are straight and have stick. They understand basic concepts of real life football and implement them into the video game. They use actual strategy instead of dropping straight back with Pat White and try to chuck the ball to Devine or Lyons.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #13
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter

I know how to stop most everything there is. Most people are one dimensional. Once you shut them down they can't do anything else.

I have a phenomenal online record. I use actual strategy and implement my stick skill into that strategy. I run with FSU, PSU, and UCF and do well because I understand how to use them. I also use them in different ways while still using the same PB.

The best guys I have played are guys that are straight and have stick. They understand basic concepts of real life football and implement them into the video game. They use actual strategy instead of dropping straight back with Pat White and try to chuck the ball to Devine or Lyons.
you crack me up kid!

young, try playing on heisman online. it wont be ranked but who cares. you can stop alot more of the b.s. because the d plays way better. i cant even play aa online. there are open spots on the field everywhere and with not being able to get pressure the smarter play on heisman helps.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #14
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
you crack me up kid!

young, try playing on heisman online. it wont be ranked but who cares. you can stop alot more of the b.s. because the d plays way better. i cant even play aa online. there are open spots on the field everywhere and with not being able to get pressure the smarter play on heisman helps.
Wrong. Heisman in user games is lame. People that want this are people that want the CPU AI to do the work for them because they aren't very good. Heisman plays like garbage this year.

There are just as many holes on Heisman as there are on AA. I will add this as well, if I beat you on AA why wouldn't I beat you on Heisman? The CPU AI will be better for me as well.

I pride myself on Defense. Not to often a Human opponent scores more than 17 points in a game against me.

Oh, and I might be old enough to be your Daddy.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:45 AM   #15
Pr*

ELDoro's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter

How do you stop the 5WRs then? I can for awhile if I manually take control of a LB or Safety but eventually they just run their plays opposite of me. I can stop someone who just sucks but if you get someone that has the slightest idea of knowing what they are doing they can sit back and pop shots all over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2008, 11:51 AM   #16
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDoro
How do you stop the 5WRs then? I can for awhile if I manually take control of a LB or Safety but eventually they just run their plays opposite of me. I can stop someone who just sucks but if you get someone that has the slightest idea of knowing what they are doing they can sit back and pop shots all over.
Knowing that flat routes are pretty non existent in the 5WR package, I play a lot of soft zones. I hot route the DL to spy, drop back into coverage, or if they are a scrambler I hot route DE to contain. I use the 335 package. The across formation has a play in it similar to the sink cover 2 zone plays you see in other packages. In the 335 across formation there is a cover 3 that has the same principals as the sink. I hot route the blitzing LB to drop into a hook zone. I spy the NT. The DE's I mix up into buzz zones, hook zones, and deep zones. I then play as the FS. This one defense seems to work well against most users. If this isn't successful (it usually is) I go to 245 Nickle and mix up the play calling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »