Home

Unbelievable

This is a discussion on Unbelievable within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 15
Unbelievable

In my Wake Forest dynasty, I was 6-1, had defeated Clemson and Miami and was going into an "easy" game against Duke with like 12 prospects visiting. My offense is really good, and its Duke right, so I figured it would be a cakewalk.

I lost. I threw 3 picks (2 were my fault), and their kicker kicked SEVEN field goals to knock me out of the polls and probably out of the ACC title race.

Im so mad at myself right now its unreal, cause I know I should have won. But, I guess ill have to learn the "joy of losing"

MLB: Detroit Tigers
NCAAFB: Michigan Wolverines
NFL: New York Giants/Detroit Lions
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA: Detroit Pistons
NCAABB: Oakland University Golden Grizzlies

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Unbelievable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimshoom
In my Wake Forest dynasty, I was 6-1, had defeated Clemson and Miami and was going into an "easy" game against Duke with like 12 prospects visiting. My offense is really good, and its Duke right, so I figured it would be a cakewalk.

I lost. I threw 3 picks (2 were my fault), and their kicker kicked SEVEN field goals to knock me out of the polls and probably out of the ACC title race.

Im so mad at myself right now its unreal, cause I know I should have won. But, I guess ill have to learn the "joy of losing"

That sucks dude. I had a similar situation with my Army Dynasty. I had 7 recruits coming in for visits against an equally bad Utah St. team. I thought I could win fairly easy but Utah St pulled the upset and gave all my recruits C-'s. I was really made but I ended up getting commits from them down the road.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 10-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

Tough break. So how did the recruits like their visit? LOL
Old 10-28-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6

Duke is tough as hell on my OD too for some reason, even when they are like 1-7.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I have my sliders cranked, but if I try to coast through any game, I'l get burned. The game is pretty momentum driven so you have to get out to a good start or make a huge play to swing it back in your favor if you fall behind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
LOL. It's true though! Your being pissed will bring you back for redemption. It was a far more entertaining game than if you had destroyed them by 30!

I've had those games as well and it sucks but it happens in real life as well. Who would have thought USC would lose to Oregon State?
Old 10-28-2008, 01:13 PM   #7
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
its Duke right, so I figured it would be a cakewalk.
Mistake #1: Never underestimate your opponent.

Every game I go into thinking it's going to be easy results in careless turnovers, coverage lapses, and bad coaching decisions.

Consider the loss a wake up call like in real life when teams go in thinking they are unbeatable (USC @ Oregon State).
Old 10-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 28

I hate to say it but that is actually kind of awesome that you lost. Especially in that manner. When teams get upset it is usually through some quirky scoring....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »