Home

Offense and Defense in Dynasty

This is a discussion on Offense and Defense in Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
Rookie

TigerFanatic109's Arena

OVR: 1
Offense and Defense in Dynasty

What is the difference between the WCO and Spread? Also what is a good defense for a smaller slower school? I'm using 4-2-5 for my Utah State dynasty.

Any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2008, 11:34 PM   #2
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Offense and Defense in Dynasty

West Coast uses possession receivers a lot better; lots of I-backs and 2 TE sets

Spread Forms utilizes WRs with more speed and is helpful if you have a scrambling QB

With a fast or slow defense, I always use the 4-3 alignment and use a lot of cover-2s and man press
Old 10-30-2008, 12:00 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerFanatic109
What is the difference between the WCO and Spread? Also what is a good defense for a smaller slower school? I'm using 4-2-5 for my Utah State dynasty.

Any thoughts?
WCO is more about ball control, a lot of short and medium pass plays. The spread is wide-open, high risk offense - quick scores, but risk a lot of turnovers. Defense, I use the 3-4 because I like the blitzing schemes in that playbook. However, I do struggle when I play teams that run the 3-3-5, my o-lines couldn't pickup a blitz out of that package to save their lives. However, I don't know if someone would have the same success with the 3-3-5 that the AI has.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:26 AM   #4
Rookie

TigerFanatic109's Arena

OVR: 1

I always prefered the 3-3-5. But it never comes up for me in the clutch so I have been making some arrangements. As for the offense thanks.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #5
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

If you have 4 decent LB's then I would suggest the 3-4. I use it in every dynasty ive ever had even my Army dynasty and I have a lot of success.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2008, 02:16 PM   #6
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

the wco also sents everyone out on routes with the goal to get rid of the ball so fast that pressure cant get there. in the wco short passes are the run game. passes are timing passes and they use the rb's alot in the passing game. think montana or young in the 49er's O if you are old enough. great te, fb, rb, and two recievers. the goal is that they have all there blocking personel in but they are all active in the pass game so you never know where the ball is going. the 4-2-5 or 3-3-5 is what you would want to run if you have a slow team. they allow a slower player to come off the field and add a db. which one would depend on if you have two good d tackles or if you have three good backers. i like the 4-2-5 because i run alot ozone and only rush 4.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:19 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Your defensive scheme should be based on your personel. I like the 3-4 myself but only run it when I have a good set of LBs. If I have a great DL, then running a 4-3 would be best. If you want to run one of the goofier defenses with 5 DBs in the base package, you need to have a good secondary and an extra safety that can act as a LB. I've never used one of those defenses as a base before.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »