Home

Coaching Strategy vs Recruiting

This is a discussion on Coaching Strategy vs Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2008, 03:35 PM   #9
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Coaching Strategy vs Recruiting

It affects recruiting in 2 ways.

Recruits don't look at what strategy you have set as much as they look at STATS. If you are set to Option and throw the ball all day, you're going to have players that aren't suited for the option. In theory, if you play according to the strategy you set in Team Management, your stats will reflect it and attract recruits. I can't say off the top of my head which stats affect each position, but it is pretty much as you would expect... lots of rushing yards for running backs etc. I'm pretty sure that QB rushing yards will help get mobile QBs interested as well.

All the different strategies have different requirements for number of players at each position. This will effect the playing time pitch. So if you run a spread, recievers will get a bonus in recruiting as there will be more playing time offered.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:02 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 16

In my personal exprience the type of offense you run means nothing with recruits. With Michigan, I run the spread option and run with the QB alot, yet I still cant seem to get the higher rated scrambling QB's interested in me. Its always the slow balanced QB's and the pocket passers, it pisses me off. I rarely get the high rated speed wideouts, or highly rated speed HB's. So, I will always end up having less speed than I should.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:40 PM   #11
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Ok I run a balanced offense out of Pitt's playbook. Im usually in the top 10 in all major offensive categories. So thats why I have roughly the same number of interested recruits at every postion on offense? Besides the linemen

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2008, 02:17 AM   #12
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaWeigtUp
Just wondering if anyone knows...Does your team's coaching strategy determine what type of recruits will be interested in your program? For example, if you run a spread offense, will you attract more scrambling QBs, or Speed WRs and RBs?

If your offensive strategy is balanced like OSU, will you attract more Balanced and Power RBs? or will the Speed RBs/WRs and scrambling QBs still be attracted?

Thanks!
I believe it has a impact. I run the navy playbook and have many more scrambling qb's and FB's interested in me now than when I ran my team specific playbook. I've also seen this on defense, more DB's interested in the 4-2-5 than the 4-3.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:19 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

it is a combination of factors, you can't just pinpoint one factor

playbooks
run/pass slider
team success
location & pipelines
team needs
academic standards

all of those impact on attracting recruits. each position is different. you also need to take into account the success of your neighbours compared to your program.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:47 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
It affects recruiting in 2 ways.

Recruits don't look at what strategy you have set as much as they look at STATS. If you are set to Option and throw the ball all day, you're going to have players that aren't suited for the option. In theory, if you play according to the strategy you set in Team Management, your stats will reflect it and attract recruits. I can't say off the top of my head which stats affect each position, but it is pretty much as you would expect... lots of rushing yards for running backs etc. I'm pretty sure that QB rushing yards will help get mobile QBs interested as well.

All the different strategies have different requirements for number of players at each position. This will effect the playing time pitch. So if you run a spread, recievers will get a bonus in recruiting as there will be more playing time offered.
I expected this.....which is why 'PANCKAES' are such a useless, hopelessly negative stat. The number of pancakes should not have anything to do with what OL are interested in my team, it should be my other offensive stats. Do you know what it's based off of? Because I suspect its pancakes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »