Home

Recruiting Question

This is a discussion on Recruiting Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #9
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Recruiting Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hskfan4lyfe
My strategy easily gets me 20+ guys.

1st step - Target all 3* + that have you at #1
2nd step - Target the 4 recruits you want the most!
3rd step - Target all 4* above or pos. of needs that have you in their top 10

Cut your board down to about15-20 players

Offer all players right away.

Top 4 most wanted always call for 40mins in the quick call

Try to get the recruits that have the most interest in you for a visit right away against a rival school. If you beat them the odds of landing them are greater than 80%. This in the long run will help you target your most valued recruits for a longer phone call.

If a recruit ever soft verbals to a school after you had him for a visit, call him up for 2+ hours and more than likely you will land him.

My latest class with Texas I landed 12.. 5* 11.. 4* and 2.. 3*

This strategy works for me.
That summed it all up. I was interested in ur strategy until i saw u use a powerhouse. I could not bring in 1 kid for a visit using Texas and still bring in a top 5 class.

Try using a 1 or 2* school and see if that works. Good luck!
Old 11-04-2008, 11:47 AM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Recruiting at Texas is probably a lot easier than at most schools. It has a lot of prestige as well as a huge talent base to pull from.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms493
Decent Strategy but with a school like Texas how do you cut your board down to 15-20 after targeting for all those guys.

You say you landed 25 guys......how many did you target?? 25?

U are suggesting bringing the board down to 15-20....doesn't add up..clarify
Agree, your results don't match your strategy at all. You don't even target 5-stars in your strategy and you landed 12..... you only put 15 to 20 on your board and you landed 23 4-stars or better.... seems pretty odd to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2008, 12:30 PM   #12
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

To answer the OP's question, yes it is very possible to sign guys who are not interested in your program to start the year and I get at least 5 per year.

It is beginning to seem like most of the people who come here bragging about their great 5 star recruiting classes are simply signing every 4/5 star player who is interested in them regardless of team needs or schemes. Better yet, I doubt most of these players even have an off/def scheme.

ANYONE.. yes ANYONE can land 20+ 4/5 star players with elite teams like Texas, Florida, Florida State, etc.

If you like a player who is not interested in your school, then make them a priority and devote the time to get them to your school. It works and these players are usually the guys who take low prestige schools and turn them into powerhouses.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #13
Rookie

jms493's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
To answer the OP's question, yes it is very possible to sign guys who are not interested in your program to start the year and I get at least 5 per year.

It is beginning to seem like most of the people who come here bragging about their great 5 star recruiting classes are simply signing every 4/5 star player who is interested in them regardless of team needs or schemes. Better yet, I doubt most of these players even have an off/def scheme.

ANYONE.. yes ANYONE can land 20+ 4/5 star players with elite teams like Texas, Florida, Florida State, etc.

If you like a player who is not interested in your school, then make them a priority and devote the time to get them to your school. It works and these players are usually the guys who take low prestige schools and turn them into powerhouses.
As long as you dont screw up the phone calls!! I have worked on guys all year who are interested in PSU and the little pricks still wont sign........I am thinking b/c I have taken too much of their time and they get pissed and hang up on me.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #14
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

With great 6 star prestige teams, you can practically quick call your way to 20 4/5 star players.

The low prestige teams require the most hands-on work in recruiting IMO.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #15
Rookie

jms493's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
With great 6 star prestige teams, you can practically quick call your way to 20 4/5 star players.

The low prestige teams require the most hands-on work in recruiting IMO.
HMMM...thats interesting. I quick-call in the beginning and then manual call as more things are unlocked. Plus I like to try and sway interests.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2008, 01:10 PM   #16
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms493
HMMM...thats interesting. I quick-call in the beginning and then manual call as more things are unlocked. Plus I like to try and sway interests.
I think everyone uses that approach now. It's a solid way to recruit, especially when there are key players you want to grab and I use it every year to an extent.

I'm just saying that for 6 star programs it is usually quite easy to have 20 players with your school as #1 on their list within the first 2-3 weeks of the season by simply quick calling. After that, it's not too hard to sign most of those guys even with quick calls since nearly every pitch will be Elite/Excellent/Great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »