Home

Help plz

This is a discussion on Help plz within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Help plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
This should work for my Warriors too. My defense is young and dumb but they have high coverage and speed ratings so I should fair well against the Pac 10 beast s this year

Lol yeah people say it takes no skill to play with Florida. I beg to differ because when you drop awareness for human ai and factor in the fact that alot of the Gators players have 55-70 awareness it becomes a problem. They're very talented but dumb as door knob.
then just make sure you don't make your DBs cover long... blitz, blitz, blitz.... that blitz out of the 3-3-5 where all 3 LBs come that I describe above works VERY well vs. the CPU after you rattle the QB. Just because you might get knocked around with it early don't go away from it. Its a very HIGH RISK but HIGH reward defense. I give up a 70+ TD play at least once per game but this D eventually will win me other the momentum at some point and then its game over for the CPU. key is to not throw picks while waiting for the CPU QB to implode. This sometimes doesn't happen until the 3rd quarter but it almost always eventually happens.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #10
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
then just make sure you don't make your DBs cover long... blitz, blitz, blitz.... that blitz out of the 3-3-5 where all 3 LBs come that I describe above works VERY well vs. the CPU after you rattle the QB. Just because you might get knocked around with it early don't go away from it. Its a very HIGH RISK but HIGH reward defense. I give up a 70+ TD play at least once per game but this D eventually will win me other the momentum at some point and then its game over for the CPU. key is to not throw picks while waiting for the CPU QB to implode. This sometimes doesn't happen until the 3rd quarter but it almost always eventually happens.
The blitz is cheese!!! Na just kiddin. Lol. I got 9 total sacks in my Florida game with Hawaii. Thats probably due to their lack of OL. But either way, its 9 sacks! Used to be 2-3. Sometimes none at all. And yes at one point they all do implode. The Gator QB went 12-13 through the first two drives and threw a single pick. After that I started the blitzing and he ended up 18-33 with 3 picks and a fumble. He had ALOT of yards off of those completions due to the fact that my corners bit on the SAME jet sweep PA everytime it was ran. I know for a fact they scored twice off of the same play

Old 11-06-2008, 01:11 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
The blitz is cheese!!! Na just kiddin. Lol. I got 9 total sacks in my Florida game with Hawaii. Thats probably due to their lack of OL. But either way, its 9 sacks! Used to be 2-3. Sometimes none at all. And yes at one point they all do implode. The Gator QB went 12-13 through the first two drives and threw a single pick. After that I started the blitzing and he ended up 18-33 with 3 picks and a fumble. He had ALOT of yards off of those completions due to the fact that my corners bit on the SAME jet sweep PA everytime it was ran. I know for a fact they scored twice off of the same play
In my opening 3 games I am averaging like 2 or 3 sacks per game so I guess it doesn't feel like cheese to me. Last year though i was able to get a lot more sacks for some reason.

If you feel that pressuring QB is cheese then good luck stopping the CPU on heisman and prepare to get ROBO QB'd a lot. You either have to blitz off the edge or take a D-Linemen and free up the other D-Linemen. If you set back and do nothing to pressure the game will be 100% in the hands of the CPU QB period unless you have REALLY good stick skills.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2008, 01:16 PM   #12
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
In my opening 3 games I am averaging like 2 or 3 sacks per game so I guess it doesn't feel like cheese to me. Last year though i was able to get a lot more sacks for some reason.

If you feel that pressuring QB is cheese then good luck stopping the CPU on heisman and prepare to get ROBO QB'd a lot. You either have to blitz off the edge or take a D-Linemen and free up the other D-Linemen. If you set back and do nothing to pressure the game will be 100% in the hands of the CPU QB period unless you have REALLY good stick skills.
Na i was just bsin about it bein cheese. I dont think its a defensive cheese other than putting a wr at cb. This a great d. I play 8 minute qtrs so 2.25 sacks a qtr is nice considerin that the cpu usually has 65-85 total plays in a game

Old 11-06-2008, 03:41 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Na i was just bsin about it bein cheese. I dont think its a defensive cheese other than putting a wr at cb. This a great d. I play 8 minute qtrs so 2.25 sacks a qtr is nice considerin that the cpu usually has 65-85 total plays in a game
if you get a really fast OLB and he gets momentum early, you can rack up a LOT of sacks in 1 game. My record is 9.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #14
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
if you get a really fast OLB and he gets momentum early, you can rack up a LOT of sacks in 1 game. My record is 9.
My record is 12 but it was on All American at the time

Old 11-06-2008, 06:52 PM   #15
Pro

I cant reallty defend passes, period. I call the right plays, but for some reason, I always get burned, even when the corner has 3-4 more speed points than the wide out. I started to press the recievers, so I have a better chance to swat it away, but I still am not even close to the intended reciever. The only incompletions that are charged to the QB, is either a dropped pass, thrown away pass or an interception. I can barely knock down a ball with a linemen, or swat it away with a corner or a safety. The type of pass defense that I am best at, which doesnt really say much since i suck at pass defense, is the nickel 3-3-5 formation. In this formation, I can at least get 2-4 swat aways a game. I suck in dime formations, and I only use quarter when I need to defend a desperation hail mary. But the reason why I have a high rated defense year in and year out is because I have the best rushing defense, and allow 150-200 yards less than the team below me.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 06:42 AM   #16
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

OVR: 5

In my OD im Toledo and played @ #7 Miami. I held them to 10 points the whole game, their first drive i thought i was gonna get slaughter cause they easily through the ball on me.

Honestly its all about what works best for you. Just keep trying things, like normally i control a DT or DE. But i do switch it up depending on where im getting burned at. Like against Miami i was getting burned across the middle so i controlled my true FR FS. And covered the middle with him, i got burned deep a couple times but in the long haul id rather get burned deep once in awhile then have a team drive the ball down my throat by making short 8-10 yard passes all game long and nothing i can do about it. Plus if you're controlling the FS you can also read the run and stop that as well. I got 12 tackles with him that game, and broke up a few passes as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »