Home

Any body else feel like...

This is a discussion on Any body else feel like... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #9
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Any body else feel like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Commit is still in the game.
How do you do it because I thought JTS was the only thing we had on defense.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #10
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

Its the same as it has been. down on the right thumbstick for run. up for pass. i Always do one or the other. If you are unsure whats coming push up as this will open up your LBs and your DBs will play safe. be careful for PA while calling their rush tho b/c there is nothing sweeter on offense than calling a PA and watching the entire defense collapse on the runner. money!!
oh and if you press down twice you will get control of everyone on your defense. i guess this is useful if you are trying to string out a fast RB heading for the edge.

and to lead block on xbox you have to select the FB and hit RB. the little circle underneath him will change color and you will control him from when the play starts until you make your block.

and youngJ you are obsessed with cheese. EA gives you the answer every time you start up NCAA.

"If its in the game its in the game"
Old 11-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #11
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
Its the same as it has been. down on the right thumbstick for run. up for pass. i Always do one or the other. If you are unsure whats coming push up as this will open up your LBs and your DBs will play safe. be careful for PA while calling their rush tho b/c there is nothing sweeter on offense than calling a PA and watching the entire defense collapse on the runner. money!!
oh and if you press down twice you will get control of everyone on your defense. i guess this is useful if you are trying to string out a fast RB heading for the edge.

and to lead block on xbox you have to select the FB and hit RB. the little circle underneath him will change color and you will control him from when the play starts until you make your block.

and youngJ you are obsessed with cheese. EA gives you the answer every time you start up NCAA.

lol. Ive never seen a lineman have a 90% success rate when blocking a superior d-lineman in college or pro. And if its in the game, why dont we have illegal touching, refs on the field, more challenge options, players gettin suspended/ kicked off or quitting a team? Thats all in the game. They should change it to, "If its in the game, exploit it".

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2008, 03:41 PM   #12
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
lol. Ive never seen a lineman have a 90% success rate when blocking a superior d-lineman in college or pro. And if its in the game, why dont we have illegal touching, refs on the field, more challenge options, players gettin suspended/ kicked off or quitting a team? Thats all in the game. They should change it to, "If its in the game, exploit it".
I couldnt agree with you more about the exploit part haha thats a good one. but what do you expect playing ranked games online? of course those guys are going to use everything they can to win whether it is realistic or not. and they'll continue to do so no matter how cheesy it is. if you want sim style then just stick with a trusted group of OD players. my ranked record is 5-3. it took me 8 games to figure out that ranked matches were lame and full of douches.

and as far as FBs blocking success rates...Have you never seen Lorenzo Neal play? How do you think LaDanian Tomlinson had so much success? now that neal is gone LT's numbers arent what they used to be. in fact if you look at everywhere Lorenzo Neal has been you'll find successful RBs. Do not underestimate the power/usefulness of a good FB in a pro-style offense. and if you have ever played football then you know that FBs are the dirtiest nastiest meanest craziest SoB's on the field.. fans may not know who they are but defensive players do. remember last year that WVU guy smashing his head into his helmet as hard as he could? over and over again?(and he was the strongest guy on the team) ouch. think about that coming at you full speed with bad intentions. /peepants
Old 11-10-2008, 04:01 PM   #13
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

the "exploit" is right on. yet another feature that works to easy and all you have to do it hit stick when blocking and you'll knock the guy down. this is college football and since maybe three to five fullbacks get drafted a year your neal anology doesnt work here. 90% success rates of college fullbacks would bring back power run game to the nfl and a resurgence of fb's getting big contracts. that's not happening now or anytime soon.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:10 PM   #14
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
I couldnt agree with you more about the exploit part haha thats a good one. but what do you expect playing ranked games online? of course those guys are going to use everything they can to win whether it is realistic or not. and they'll continue to do so no matter how cheesy it is. if you want sim style then just stick with a trusted group of OD players. my ranked record is 5-3. it took me 8 games to figure out that ranked matches were lame and full of douches.

and as far as FBs blocking success rates...Have you never seen Lorenzo Neal play? How do you think LaDanian Tomlinson had so much success? now that neal is gone LT's numbers arent what they used to be. in fact if you look at everywhere Lorenzo Neal has been you'll find successful RBs. Do not underestimate the power/usefulness of a good FB in a pro-style offense. and if you have ever played football then you know that FBs are the dirtiest nastiest meanest craziest SoB's on the field.. fans may not know who they are but defensive players do. remember last year that WVU guy smashing his head into his helmet as hard as he could? over and over again?(and he was the strongest guy on the team) ouch. think about that coming at you full speed with bad intentions. /peepants
Na the dude I played controlled the linemen (usually 79-83 overall) vs my 88-92 ranked d lineman. Dude had like 6-7 pancakes with 3 different guys

Old 11-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #15
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
WVU guy smashing his head into his helmet as hard as he could? over and over again?(and he was the strongest guy on the team) ouch. think about that coming at you full speed with bad intentions. /peepants
Yeah I called him white horse (no racism) cuz he was as big and strong as a horse. If I recall correctly he went through 6 facemasks in the REGULAR SEASON. I was like wtf?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:

Does anything graphically happen when you commit? It used to show an icon on the PS2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »