Home

Creating Pressure (D-Line Shifts)

This is a discussion on Creating Pressure (D-Line Shifts) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2008, 01:46 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Creating Pressure (D-Line Shifts)

Try not to shift at all game jews ya on that stretch play if you guess wrong. only one example but, i do use it if it is time.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:19 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

Um, it's definitely important on NCAA Football 08 on the Original Xbox, especially when you opponent is on or near the hashmarks. D-Line shifts creating different blocking angles, and load different animations.

Slide protection on offense can offset this somewhat, but it can also cause holding penalties on Heisman with custom sliders.

Are you guys talking about D-Line shifts on the 360 / PS3 game?
Old 11-13-2008, 10:32 AM   #11
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

i had 6 sacks last night against Vandy and have had much more success with crashing and shifting the line. it could be the ratings of my DLINE but seems like shifting the line works best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 09:54 AM   #12
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

just an update but i had 6 sacks 4 by one person last night in my OD versus Florida (User v User) merely by crashing the line.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:21 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'll try this in my next game. I've never gotten great pressure because I rarely blitzed, I just dropped back and tried for interceptions like I have since NFL Blitz. I'm going to try some storm blitzes with line pinches and nickle blitzes with line spreads. Pressure actually causes most of the picks I do get, so maybe it will be the best of both worlds.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

The problem is though we should be able to get pressure with rushing 4 with good d-lines. You even see 3 man rushes in real life causing problems. We shouldn't have to blitz everyplay just to get pressure.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 11-15-2008, 11:25 AM   #15
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I have found for me a way to get pressure and sacks with just my d-line. I use a fast end and control him. I use shifts only if a tight end is on my side. At the snap I move up field pressing only the turbo button and right before I get to the tackle I cut back to the middle. There is a hole there and a fast end will get to the QB for pressure or a sack. Sometimes the end will get picked up by the guard and the d-tackle you run free with the same result. I have forced the qb to move and get sacks. Right now I'm TCU and Hughes has 7 sack through 7 games. Against the Sooners he had 2 sacks and tons of hurries. I lost by 3 but played well enough to hold my own. I tested this by playing the same game as a "play now" but I would just try to beat the tackle with speed and not cutting and got lit up. I lost 51-3 and gave up 700+ yards. I would like to know if this works for others are has someone tried this before. Like I said I only shift if a tight end is on the same side as my end I'm using.
P.S. I would mix in a blitz here and there with a LB or DB and they would sometimes get the sack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2008, 11:36 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 37

I have found that the best way to get sacks is call a CB blitz and take control of a DT and simply bull rush the line or inside crash. The sad thing though is that every season/game my CB's lead the team in sacks

Last gen (ps2) sacks were great. I would crash the line and send a full LB blitz. On 360 I crash and send a LB blitz and the QB picks me apart.... same deal with Madden... 2010 please help us...???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »